slightly bent fender support frame :/

kalibwenm

Member +
Hi guys... when i bought my ep81, i was told that it was engaged in a small accident once, but it was no big deal and that he got it fixed, so i got my mechanic to take a look at it just to be sure, cuz i had already planned on replacing the 2e engine with a 4efte, but again he also claimed that the car was a sure thing...so after one whole year driving the car with the 4efte engine, fitted with MK3 bumpers, it's now that i noticed that there's a 10mm difference in height, on the left-hand side, which causes the hood, front bumper, headlights and grill not to line up like it was suppose to. Now clearly that shows that there's an issue of a bent fender support frame, so is that going to affect my car's performance and handling if i decide to upgrade the engine?...and what are my options from there, how can i get it fixed, if it's repairable?...

sorry for the long post guys...

Jay

Admin
Depends what's actually damaged bro.

The majority of the front end metal isn't load-bearing so you could find it's not affecting anything other than panel gaps (they aren't great to begin with TBH). It usually takes a solid knock to one of the front chassis legs before you encounter handling issues.

10mm doesn't sound like much but it should be pretty noticeable on the car so if you pop the bumper off you might be able to pinpoint where it's taken a hit.

Jay

kalibwenm

Member +
that's a relief Jay, that got me worried...i'll take a look at it as soon as i get home from work, and i really hope they haven't cut the frame in order to straighten it out, and screwed up while welding it back in place :/ ...