New. Best place to start with standard gt

GtTurbNi

Fresh Recruit
New to this. Have a standard gt turbo and wondering what the best way to go is with mods for the car ! Cheers

nistarbo

Member +
Welcome along. Get some pics up.
All depends what your looking from the car there are many different routes to take with mods.
Where abouts in ni are you?
There's a meet on Sunday I'm sure some of the folk would be willing to share ideas

Jay

Admin
Morning chap,

Welcome to TGTT. :cool:

Generally you should start with maintenance to ensure the engine is a solid base to build on. Refresh the fluids and filters plus anything that you spot amiss.

From there it's time for breathing mods, handling improvements and increased braking. Once you are happy it'll take bigger power you can increase boost levels, upgrade the turbo and focus on engine management.

It can be a long road so don't rush in.

Jay

Phil

Super Moderator
It can be a long road so don't rush in.

Jay

Id agree :)

take it slow and depending on what you want to use the car for, choose parts carefully.

Then you can sit back and enjoy your car knowing that its runs well because you specced it so. :)

Phil

GtTurbNi

Fresh Recruit
I'm in Ballymena here :)
And aye I'd agree I'm in no real rush.Just looking the best ways :) Any views on Engine Forging? Mechanically she seems good. Bought myself a zisco manifold there the other week as the standard one is cracked on the third port
Will throw up pics soon
Cheers