Clean Black 97' Glanza V For Sale

WallaceGlanza

Member +
For sale: 1997 Toyota Starlet Glanza V

Item Condition: Good

Price and price conditions: £3,800 ono

Extra Info:This is a reluctant sale of my Glanza which I've owned for over 9 years now. :(

The car is generally in very good condition for its age with the usual small marks to the body but the paint is very good having been regularly clayed and polished. The engine was fully rebuilt by myself just over 1,500 miles ago - so is properly run in and running very well, I compression tested it after the run in and it showed over 165psi on each cylinder, all the same.

The car itself has done approx. 100k miles, the clock reads 133k but this is a mix of miles and km's before import.

The engine was rebuilt due to a cracked piston, this was replaced and the engine rebuilt as follows:

Cylinders honed
New Hastings piston rings
New OEM head gasket
New King Main and Crank bearings
Seal replaced
Cylinder head re-built (de coked)
New uprated valve stem seals fitted
etc

So the engine is in very good health. The car is running the stock turbo which is a refurbished unit and has done approx. 30k miles, the car is running sensible mods and boost with a proper ecu set up (Greddy Emanage Blue) and is about to be rolling roaded to check the fuelling (on 22/10/14), it's estimated to be running 180-190bhp but this will be confirmed.

The car is fully poly bushed and running Meister R coilovers which are the best coilovers for the UK roads, so the car handles very well too. The full modification list is below and includes evo 7 recaros which make a huge difference to the driving and also a very rare genuine cruise bonnet plus lots more!

There isn't much service history as I've done all the work myself for the last 8 years but there is a folder full of receipts and the car was religously serviced every 3k miles as recommended by Toyota. Almost everything has been replaced at some point, the engine oil, gearbox oil, coolant, brake fluid and clutch fluid have all just been changed and a brand new exedy clutch was just fitted so the car will not need anything soon. It is MOT'd until July.

I would love to keep this but the itch for an evo is too great! :(

Full mods list:

Engine/Turbo:
XS Power Front Mounted Intercooler with short pipe route
Apexi Filter Induction Kit (Mounted behind the grill)
Standard CT9 (Refurbished) @ 1 bar
Road Runner Exhaust Manifold
Blitz Decat
Custom Straight Through Stainless 2.5” Exhaust, Trust Power Extreme II Back Box
Exhaust Fully Heat Wrapped
NGK-R Spark Plugs
NGK Blue Leads
Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump
SARD RRFPR
SARD R2D2 Dump Valve
40mm Aluminium Radiator with Pacet Fan
Custom Oil Catch Can
GReddy Emanage Blue – Mapped by Wallace Performance
Aircon Removed

Drivetrain:
TC Short Shift Kit and Solid Shifter Bushes
Exedy Clutch kit

Chassis:
MeisterR Zeta R Coilovers
Whiteline Anti-lift Kit
Whiteline Pan-Hard Rod
Super Pro Poly Lower Arm Bushes
Poly Bushed ARB Drop Links
Powerflex Poly Rear Axle Bushes
Powerflex Poly Engine Mounts
3G Grooved front discs and Mintex pads
Earl's Braided Brake Lines All Round
ABS Removed
15mm Wheel Spacers all round
15inch TSW Razor Alloys

Interior:
Evo 7 Recaro Seats
Door Cards Retrimmed in Suede
2 Bar boost gauge
Emanage mounted in centre console with custom carbon fibre fascia
Pioneer DEH-P6750MP Headunit
Pioneer TS-E1076 front speakers

Exterior:
Genuine Cruise Power FRP Bonnet with Locking Aerocatches
‘98/’99 Front Bumper Cut for Intercooler
‘98/’99 OEM Front Splitter
‘98/’99 Clear Front Indicators
‘98/’99 Crystal Foglights
JDM Reflet Rear Light Clusters

Bad bits:
Wheels could do with a refurb or can be used as winter wheels - fronts have winter tyres on
Front bumper is badly stone chipped (Impreza STi!)
I might cry.

Pictures:

Contact Details: PM or reply here

Last edited:

Jay

Admin
I might cry.

play_times_over_kangaroo.gif

WallaceGlanza

Member +
Right, people may have seen I had an issue with the gearbox and it actually died whilst the car was being mapped, so I've fitted a low mileage (73k) gearbox from a GT which works perfectly - and is stronger than a glanza box and has better ratios.

The car's now running perfectly however it is leaking oil from what appears to be the gearbox side crankshaft seal - a very common thing! I replaced the seal when I rebuilt the engine but then had it off to check it when I changed the gearbox as it was weeping slightly but now it's worse.

I'm picking up a new car this weekend and don't really have time to sort this, so for a quick sale and due to the oil leak and the map needing finished the price is £3,400. If I don't get that I'll find the time to change the crank seal again then get it mapped and it will be back up in price.

It's a cheap fix - £13 for the seal and a few hours labour plus the mapping is half done so if done at Wallace performance will cost £60