Alloy half rad questions

EP91-Chris

Fresh Recruit
Where would be the best place to buy an alloy half rad for my Glanza and what makes should i look out for and what makes should i avoid?

weeJohn

Lifer
Some Chinese ones are pretty shit but I have one that does the job spot on. Single core is enough to do the job, no need for double or triple.

Phil

Super Moderator
Best give that bad boy a miss then :)

I ran one previously without temp issues though I wasn't running Coolant through the turbo which may have taken some stress of the system.

Then my hand slipped and I stuck a screwdriver through it :)

There is some alloy alternatives on eBay that are thicker, maybe worry trying.

Only question is do you chance a eBay jobbie and maybe need to replace it in the near future or buy a WEPR and have it quality assured and covered by Sacha?

Phil

Jay

Admin
No experience with either kit (I used a cheap eBay Civic unit as not advised above) but when you compare the shipped price and consider the WEPR sale that starts in about a week Sacha's probably works out cheaper.

Rory

Lifer
I run a cheap £60 alloy rad from china for years without issue....
Day to day cooling was grand and even under track conditions at high rpm it managed just fine. ;)

weeJohn

Lifer
So do I, but the first one I got ended up ballooning as the rad cap neck was to tight to let the hot expanded coolant out!

Jay

Admin
Won't forget that incident Johnboy - let's just gently close the bonnet and back away slowly..

giphy.gif