Resetting Abs light

Vinpetrol

Fresh Recruit
Hi All

Can anyone tell me where on the car the diagnostic plug is where I need to cross out the connections in order to reset ABS light ?

I have looked at the really helpful ABS diagnostics thread but it refers to fig 2 and there are no pictures on there.

Thanks

Vin

Jay

Admin
On a GT it should be clipped to the standard airbox. If that's been removed it'll be flapping about behind the battery area somewhere.

On a Glanza it'll be on the passenger side top right of the engine bay behind the strut mounting.

Hope that helps,

Jay

Vinpetrol

Fresh Recruit
On a GT it should be clipped to the standard airbox. If that's been removed it'll be flapping about behind the battery area somewhere.

On a Glanza it'll be on the passenger side top right of the engine bay behind the strut mounting.

Hope that helps,

Jay

Thanks Jay
I forgot to put the type of car !

It's a 97 Glanza
Are the sensors often the problem?

vin

Jay

Admin
Most I've seen have been either damaged or dirty sensors.

They are essentially magnets so if they pick up anything metal it'll mess with the signals.

Vinpetrol

Fresh Recruit
I have found the diagnostics box and connected Tc and E1 while the wife was in the car with the ignition on but all that happened was the air bag light flashed constantly. Also pressing the brake pedal 8 times in 3 seconds had no effect. I had a look over the ABS diagnostics thread and it Does say to "remove the short pin from the ABS check connector and then link Tc and E1 "
Where can I find the short pin on the ABS check connector on the Glanza ? Would this pin still being in place not allow the diagnostics check?

Cheers Vin