Not running gud

shanegt

Member +
I recently done the head, when it first starts everything is great,but after 10-15 minutes she starts acting up, chucking, if you rev it will drop and cut out and the more this happens throttle response goes out the window as if it's flooded coming to the stage it won't start for awhile, I have stripped it back down and double checked the cam and belt timing which was spot on, being parked up for awhile I changed the spark and plug leads which made no difference, as for ignition timing I have no gun but it's back if not on the original spot very close to it,could pipes, connections maybe I misplaced upon reassembly have this big effect or does it lie elsewhere, i don't no what else to do at this stage so any help is greatly appreciated, Cheers Shane.

shanegt

Member +
Haven checked error codes, will do dough, is there a way of checking if the temp sensor is gud, as for the head I got it skimmed and the shims set

Jay

Admin
Might be worth checking the clearances on the shims if you run out of (easier) things to check. Mine were way out after getting a head sorted.

Skalabala

Member +
Might be worth checking the clearances on the shims if you run out of (easier) things to check. Mine were way out after getting a head sorted.

Also had this a few times :/ Worst one was: BMW head came back. Assembled engine nicely. Misfire... Ended up that one lifter broke while they bled it :(

shanegt

Member +
Shims were all gud aswell as temp sensor, I went digging deeper so I pulled the exhaust manifold of to see if maybe it was the cat, I noticed water is blowing out threw the head which is coming from the inlet manifold( there is water is building up in the pipe where you connect the top mount intercooler)and also the oil has turned milky

Last edited:

dac69er

Super Moderator
Sounds like you fitted the water and vac pipes incorrectly on the inlet.

Do a search on here. Been covered quite a few times.