oil though crankcase breather at hig revs

Ashrafi

Member +
Hi All,

i need some info, as title said.

I pushed the engine to '1.3 bar till redline on 3rd gear and when i opened the engine bay, there were oil everywhere. i didn't hear any rattle or whatsoever bizarre engine noise when trashing it.

the engine now runs fine and no oil or fumes from the breather. i was told that mayb i fook the ringlands or rings thats why i got oil everywhre.

1 more thing, oil level was a bit high on the oil gauge when this happened.

Engine is std with the following accesories: FPR, FCD, BLITZ Actuator, ported manifold, hybrid ct9,front mount,and running a methanol kit on the front of the turbo.

any advise of what happened will be welcome guys. am a bit on the worried side.

Last edited:

HKS111

Member +
1.3 bar is quite a lot for a stock engine especially without management!!

Normally when there's oil everywhere it leads towards the ringlands. Does it drive normally? Any 3 cylinder (Subaru) noise? Do u see smoke from your exhaust?

Jay

Admin
If the engine is overfilled with oil you can expect a bit of excess crankcase pressure. 1.3 isnt a good idea without the fuel to support it so fingers crossed you have got away with no engine damage mate.

Ashrafi

Member +
Its running on meth as fuel support., have changed the oil to new and oil filter, i have trashed it yesterday with the boost lowered to 1 bar, and noticed no oil split. i do not have a wideband but have an air fuel ratio meter and at full load its on optimum. have got no clue why it split that oil. (mayb the pcv got clogged on vaccum and boost entered through it) really have no idea.

Rev

Member +
Mild to Moderate knock adds about 200bar to cylinder pressure at redline this would increase blow-by without the need to lift the head but I guess it is still possible for stretched head bolts over a certain pressure to pressurize the crankcase that would be bad luck. However I read that a water meth mix can increase cylinder pressures after TDC by 10-15%.

Last edited:

Ashrafi

Member +
am going to do a compression test to be on the safe side. Already turned down the boost to .9, but noticed that now the car sometimes has an erratic ildling.