We NEED a Mobile version of TGTT.

Phil

Super Moderator
Im absolutely gutted to say that as a massive (mental) supporter of TGTT i no longer find the site very useful.

firing up a desktop to ask a question is no longer how its done.

I only voice these concerns as i really believe without a mobile site we stand no chance whatsoever of ever coming back to the fore.

Whilst we NEED a mobile site im not saying we must get one, i don't know the difficulties or costs involved.

but what i am suggesting is that it may even be too late, people will visit this site once and never return so we may have already lost 50-99% of our return traffic.

a mobile version would definitely help us ramp things up even a touch, with all the current members finding the site easy to access/use and retain some of the passing traffic

maybe we could even start hitting 10/20 posts a day? (that's only one average thread in the old days ie a 5minute chat)

I know that there will be folks who say this place will never die, etc and they may well be right in the most technical sense.

but based on what we are currently witnessing (with difficultly and much fiddling on my phone) is that the place is virtually dead already.

So to the people in the know regarding costs or difficulties... make a move.

Long live TGTT.

Where the flip is dylan.

Phil

Last edited:

Phil

Super Moderator
We could do a case study on Jays garage -

sometimes things need refreshed and upgraded to allow them to continue in the upward trend they deserve

Phil

Phil

Super Moderator
PS Karl Scullion has already offered to help with the technical stuff for free so money cant really be an issue there and Karl is local and well known so we are not putting the site in the hands of some total stranger.

Phil

karl.

Admin
PS Karl Scullion has already offered to help with the technical stuff for free so money cant really be an issue there and Karl is local and well known so we are not putting the site in the hands of some total stranger.

Phil

I'm up for this. A couple of evenings work and it should be updated and there shouldn't be any need for any down time either.

I browse this site once every few weeks purely because it's a nightmare to browse any more frequently where as I'm on other forums 10/15 times a day because it's handy.

Jay

Admin
I've made Dylan aware of this thread and he's going to look into it next week. I know this has been bugging Philbert for quite a while now.

Jay

jjayokocha

Ulster Area Rep
Ye the scoobyireland site died off after the americans bought it but a facebook page was set up and everyone seems to use it now more then the site

Phil

Super Moderator
It's sure has

Just look at the muck of a screen like this...

It's no use to man nor beast

Looking forward to any improvements the team can provide.

Phil

nistarbo

Member +
Auto scale works for me therefore it doesn't bug me that much. If it was to help the sites future I would be for it

Phil

Super Moderator
I've made Dylan aware of this thread and he's going to look into it next week. I know this has been bugging Philbert for quite a while now.

Jay

So what's your thoughts Dylan? :)

Happening or not happening

Phil

rosso321

Member +
I never use a desktop computer for any off the forms always been the phone. And even like off other forums that offer the app version or moble version I go to desktop mode. On a Samsung s4 and now S5 ps for past 5 years

Ross

Phil

Super Moderator
Is the problem not with your phone Phil ?

I think the problem is that there is no mobile version of the site but I appreciate that obviously you guys aren't dealing with this mess lol my iPhone is failing me lol

Though It sounds like other people have phones that work better with the current desktop format.

Phil

Last edited: