Paranoid when I park my car somewhere.

Tomep82

Fresh Recruit
When I park my car somewhere all I can think about when I'm gone does be is the car safe, will anyone be at it or fooling around with it. I have the car protected with a Clifford and a huge steering lock but I still can't help but constantly think about is the car safe. Is anyone else like this??

Tom

dac69er

Super Moderator
i am the same. im not so worried about people nicking it as i dont live in the hood, but i worry about some tool denting or scratching it.

if i park in a car park, i will be the person parking in the furthest corner away from every other person ;)

Tomep82

Fresh Recruit
I went the cinema the other night to a late viewing and the whole time I was in there all I could think about was getting out to the car to make sure it's alright. My wife thinks I've lost the plot lol. It would be my worst nightmare to come out to find some little arsehole had scraped the car.

Jay

Admin
My daily picks up a new dent every week so I'm well used to it by now.

I think the paranoia is possibly a car thing. A lot of people park isolated parts of the carpark to avoid dings from shopping trolleys and such like. When I try doing that randomers must think 'oh that poor car looks lonely' and park next to me anyway!

Tomep82

Fresh Recruit
I got a security camera fitted to the side of my house where the car is parked and a poll cemented into the ground in my garden. It's when I park the car when I'm out and about my mind goes into over drive. Off topic a bit here but can I upload pictures from my phone to here?

AdDaMan

Member +
Yep. I live in constant fear of it being dented or scratched. I park miles away from any cars in the back of car parks normally.

i try to park next to expensive and well cleaned cars..and in areas with good lighting.....as more than likely those owners are careful like us

living on a small island i dont have to worry so much about car theft, as they are not a lot of glanzas around and hopefully someone/friends would spot it around...however, if it was a white toyota corolla i'd be in trouble as those seem to be easily stolen as they are in abundance here