Rev increase at 3K

Iwan-g-g

Fresh Recruit
Since I've had my glanza in January this year there has been an issue where if I'm boosting at 3k revs the clutch sounds as though it's slipping and immediately jumps up to 4.5k for 2 seconds and back down to 3k where it continues to drive normally. It does so in every gear only when boosting, it doesn't do it when driving normally. Clutch seems fine when I drive in 2nd gear at 20 mph and change to 5th gear it doesn't slip like it would with a worn clutch. Does anyone have an idea of what could be wrong ?

Jay

Admin
Hi mate,

If it's only happening when boost is applied I'd reckon the clutch is done. Going on previous experience I'd recommend having a new crankshaft oil seal handy for when you drop the box and clutch off. Inspect the crank end area and if there's any sign of oil leaking from the original you would be better taking the flywheel off and replacing it whilst the box is off. It's a common issue on the 4EFTE, oil from a crankshaft oil seal leak gets on the flywheel and contaminates the clutch resulting in slipping.

Hope that helps,

Jay

Iwan-g-g

Fresh Recruit
Oh god, yikes haha. Thanks for getting back to me. It's intermittent. It might do it one day and not the next and stay OK for a week and just start again. Strange thing. Cheers mate.