Glanza track use NI

marty

Member +
Well my Starlet has been lying up now for longer than I care to admit :rolleyes: Having a few points on the license at the minute isn't helping my insurance quotes either so I've been toying with the idea of turning her into a track car. I'm thinking more sprint/hill climb than drag, but having no experience of track days or racing I thought I'd just ask..

Would I actually get the use out of it as a track car here?

Jay

Admin
Hey Marty. I've used a few as pure track cars over the years at kirkistown. The hyper revs gt is my current toy. I'm only back on the road this month with it so Phil might be a better man to answer this one.

Phil

Super Moderator
Hi Marty,

As Jay says we have both been using our motors for sprints and I've done a few hillclimbs recently.

I couldn't recommend the events highly enough but at the same time you will get more driving for your money at a trackday

All be it not timed or competitive.

Lastly I wouldn't trust a 4efte to behave on a trackday.

Phil

Last edited:

Phil

Super Moderator
All part of the fun lol

True true.

Though that being said trackdays do tend to have folk turn up and basically complete a endurance race in your track cars.

Fine for n/a stuff but turbo things tend to produce a lot of heat which can lend to a fair few issues.

So a trackday done with sensible expectations of the car would be fine, more than likely

Phil

marty

Member +
Alright Jay and Phil. Cheers for the replies! Is Kirkistown the only place over here for track days? Where are the sprint/hill climb events held and how often? On the issue of the 4efte, I thought they were a pretty bulletproof wee engine but I can see your point about overheating. Investing in an oil cooler, thicker rad and bigger IC might be sensible if she's just a track slag lol
:drive:

Jay

Admin
Kirky is the most regular venue, if you check out the trackskills day they are the best option. Good days banter, they are well run and plenty of track time as well.

Definitely make sure the cooling system is up to spec before prolonged track use. The 4efte can suffer from heat.

marty

Member +
Sounds like a laugh alright! I will have to keep yous posted on progress..and tortured with questions :haha:

Any pics of the track cars?

Phil

Super Moderator
I should have one of mine somewhere.

next event for me is the sprint at nutts corner this saturday.

Phil

Phil

Super Moderator
872068B1-D893-448E-8D48-446900C68545.jpg
[/URL]

yeah marty,,,,if you plan to race, it would be good to keep Jay and phil as close friends....you can always sneak some parts off them ...lol....and tons of experience and advice at your disposal

Jay

Admin
Yours is the fun, happy sort of smoke.. mine was the terminal death mist of an imploding 4efte lol

rage

Lifer
an engine dying on a track in full swing is a warriors death. its a glorious thing :)
then the true test of the driver to wrench for weeks to get it all bac ktogether again only to start the whole thing over again :D

we do have a weird hobby dont we

azerty

Supermoderator
A water/meth kit would keep your engine in safe temp area with even more power on your track days...good to think