Please

Trevor

Member +
Please check your oil and water levels on a regular bassis.I have just had a GT in my garage this evening with a rattle.The big ends are banging like no-ones business.The car needed 2.5 litres of oil to bring it up to the level.It only takes 2 minutes to check the levels when the car is cold and it is much easier to top up the oil than to do a rebuild not to mention the cost.If you don't know how to check the levels then ask someone who knows to show you.

Jay

Admin
X2

Every weekend check your levels and top up where required. Your 4EFTE will thank you.

Gee

Member +
My block is fully forged etc etc, so I always check mine every 2 days or so. Sometimes they can burn more oil.

Make sure it is on a flat and when cold guys.

Kelly

Member +
mine doesnt use any oil at all its always perfect i hope thats a good thing the car gets used everyday and does an additional 500miles every other month.

steveep82

Member +
plain rediculous if you dont check your oil at least weekly, 2 minute check will save you a shit load of money and hassle in the long run.

CoochiGT

Member +
Good to see you looking out for us Trev and Jay.

I always check mine as i know it burn's a touch of oil cos the valve stem seal's have gone. But it's still adviseable to everyone :D

Nick Wall

Fresh Recruit
i check my oil

i check my oil 1s a week and change 1s every about 5 to 6 week i like to keep the oil and engine clean even doh it never burns a drop