oil pressure/temp guages

Dempo

Member +
bought a GReddy oil adaptor plate to fit the sensors only to find its way too big.I heard theres small sandwich plates designed speficially for the 4efte.Does anyone know where i could get one and if anyone has pics of it off and on the car that would be great to see.Cheers

steo800

Member +
i got one of ebay recently and it was to big also.

was fouling one of the brackets for the power steering so i took the angle grinder to it(adapter) and it fits sweet now

Dempo

Member +
i got one of ebay recently and it was to big also.

was fouling one of the brackets for the power steering so i took the angle grinder to it(adapter) and it fits sweet now

fair play i wouldnt have the nervse to do it incase i end up messing the whole thing up.

mcleod

Member +
there the sard cooling blocks that dave burwash sells. ive just ordered one and i bid on a greddy one and lost. lol

weeJohn

Lifer
I fitted mine without a sandwich plate. Got a tee piece to allow me to fit the oip pressure sender and standard oil pressure switch to the block where the oil pressure switch fitted.
Teepiece.jpg

Made an adaptor to fit into the end of the standard oil filter housing to fit the temp sender to. All I had to do was drill a 10mm hole in the power steering bracket to allow the cable to pass through. I was able to run the cable around the bracket so it did not foul on the belt.
temp.jpg

Think I still have a spare adaptor. It has a one eigth BSP thread for the temp sender.

£10 posted to you, comes with crush washer to stop it leaking oil out the housing.

rwdrev

Member +
Teepiece.jpg

sorry to bring this thread up again, but whats the thread size of the little T piece adaptor to fit in the oil pressure switch hole?

weeJohn

Lifer
Oil pressure switch hole is 1/8 BSP, its usually tapered so it may say 1/8BSPT. The oil temp adapter for the oil filter housing is M16 x 1.5mm.