gv1.3

Admin
Hi guys,

I have turned reputation ability on for tgtt.com forum on a trial basis.

This will allow you to give reputation points to members which will then be seen by others.

This is only a temporary evaluation to see if this feature is worthwhile but may be usefull in identifying the informative from the rubbish in some of the more technical threads.

Now there are some conditions to the rep system:

1) For every 365 days since registering, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.

2) For every 1000 number of posts, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.

3)For every 100 points of reputation, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.

4)How many posts must a user have before his reputation hits count on others? = 50

5) How much reputation must a user have before his reputation hits count on others? = 10

6) How many reputation clicks can a user give over each 24 hour period? = 10

7) How many different users must you give reputation to before you can hit the same person again? = 20

Please read the above and dont ask any silly questions as I am as new to this as you guys :)

Feel free to hit me with some reputation points for setting up this cool feature :p

To give someone reputation click the scales on the left under their post count

Regards,

Dylan

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
i think its a really good idea bro! that way the members can see who is reliable & whos not lol..

it should help to reduce some confusion :)

kon

HYBRID

everyone starts at 10

so lemme get this straight, i just gave u a rep thing, where does it show? & does the user have to approve it or do u think its auto dy?

also that green block, does each 1 represent 10points? or am i mistaken as well lol ... waaa :homer:

dis is confuuusing lol :confused:

gv1.3

Admin
right ive bumped my rep up significantly and you can see there are more green blocks and if you put your mouse pointer over it it will give a message.

These messages change at different intervals which I dont want to make known as we may decide to increase or decrease these as the trial progresses.

What I can say is that everyone starts on 10 and the next positive increment is 50 and the next negative is -50.

A new bar and a new message is displayed upon hitting different increments.

gv1.3

Admin
when you get reputation from someone it will show up in your user control panel. at the top of where this shows p it tells you your total reputation points.

HYBRID

cool bud! thanks for that one lol... i think iv figured it out *que ray of sunlight & choir of angels* lolz :D :p

Sticks

Member +
I am a admin of the site and i whacked my rep right up, meaning millions and it still didn't work but that could just be vbulletin for you :homer:

gv1.3

Admin
you need to add in a new user reputation in user reputation manager. Once you hit the highest rep it wont go any further no matter how high a rep you have until you add a higher reputation in the rep manager.