FMIC comparisons - King thread

markeybhoy

Member +
gr8 thread this. very informative. i had no idea about the wepr but may swing towards that now, seems to be a smart choice for a few reasons :)

What do you think on Greddy FMIC? as i have one to fit and was wondering what type of work it needs to be fitted in a Glanza and if such trimmings is needed to the bumper! My friend already had one and it fits perfectly even with A/C installed! Piping are not included,so they will be custom made (probably from stainless steel) and will be made for the best possible shortest way! Any ideas?

as stated before....minor trimming needed....if any...seems to depend on which glanza bumper u have from what i can tell
...the full greddy kit allows u to retain a/c, p/s, etc...........nothing needs to be removed

try one of sacha's/wepr piping kits....which can be bought seperately......u might need to do a little moddiing...but hey, that's part of the custom package...lol

bigdoods

Member +
In time buddy in time :), nothing has been done yet to be honest but something i would look into eventually.

oh:)best of luck with it.if one was to go on looks which intercooler would you pick?

i fitted an autobahn one for a lad here in galway and found it to be a bad fit.none of the pipes seemed line up straight and joined at angles,like it took physical strenght to put some of the pipes together.

here is the best picture i have of the jam fmic
DSC02736.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

Dane_Bristol

Member +
I think the base model will have to be something along the lines of the Blitz Unit. As this is the most universal kit. The blitz Pipework and Core size seems to be a nice fit .

It would compliment both Glanzas and GT's at the same time as far as i know the Blitz kit fits both of these models and retains the front crash bar & Air con?

Last edited:
seems like poor fitting,,,,,cheap clamps .....cheap hose connections... can be a feature of some of the "lower-brand" kits........

i would love if i could find flow, thermal and pressure drop figures for some of these kits

MAYBE some people who run them can say if they expereinced such things........i know pressure drop is common on some of them

blitz has pressure drop of around 3psi...some say

Texx

Super Moderator
I think the base model will have to be something along the lines of the Blitz Unit. As this is the most universal kit. The blitz Pipework and Core size seems to be a nice fit .

It would compliment both Glanzas and GT's at the same time as far as i know the Blitz kit fits both of these models and retains the front crash bar & Air con?

The HDI piping with a core that is thinner and not so tall would fit with just the slight (it takes seconds EP82 only) modification to the power steering pipe and probably no cutting of the bumper.

Harvey

Member +
Has anyone had problems fitting the WEPR to their car?

I cannot get the up pipe off the turbo intake to fit, to me it appears the 2 bolt flange is welded on wrong, needs rotating a bit so im gonna get someone move it for me.

Annoying this is its 2nd hand sio been fitted before! Only thing i can think if is the previous owner didnt have air con, and me keeping it makes the lange angle more critical.

wee-jo

Member +
So basically in relation to cutting the bumper, would any type of fmic require my varis front bumper to be cut up quite bad? also what would be the best fmic to reduce lag on the stock turbo? thinking of upgrading to a hybrid one though so again what would be the best one to reduce lag on that? After reading this thread considering an hdi or wepr one but still unsure!!!

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
i have a greddy kit lying around...lol..i know hybrid runs one and SWEARS by it.....this is a guy who has run several different turbo set up with different power outputs....so its a very capable kit:)

my friend has a WEPR piping kit ...and i'll be honest....the "blng" factor is definitely there...the thing looks like u should display it in the main dining room of your home...lol

and yes...based on your pics (evidence speaks for itself)....the autobahn88 truly a replica...lol

seems like the first blitz went out of thier way to find the longest route then:)....which also reminds me of a buddy's custom made kit, which takes a very similar route...i estimate about 10-13ft of piping used

very good thread boss :D

well as u all know ( & as uv very well pointed out :p) i swear only by one kit, ie the greddy r-spl kit.. today known as the spec-r kit.. the cooler itself is capable of flowing & widthstanding up to 950ps & a max of 4bar ... (no i dont think i or anybody else will ever need that much).. overall the pressure drip is only of 0.556psi per every 30psi, which is impressive & shows that lag is increased at a really negligable amount..

iv tried it on the following & always had great results, with the cooler remaining cold on the tb side even in 35deg maltese weather in summer...

ct9b, ct12 hybrid, JD kit1, ct26a hybrid, sard k24, sard k26, td04L & the greddy td05-14b.. i have never had ANY problems, it is a str fit minus the minor trimming u need to do, & a lightweight system... what more would u want lol :p

kon

I cannot get the up pipe off the turbo intake to fit, to me it appears the 2 bolt flange is welded on wrong, needs rotating a bit so im gonna get someone move it for me.

i've heard this exact complaint before.....from a few members......and a buddy of mine also experienced it......it seems like u just need to meddle with it a bit (maybe slightly rotate the compressor housing),,,,,as there are sometimes issues of tight space in the power-steering/radiator area

but seems to be a capable kit overall...as it has always received good reviews

SiCaln

Member +
Here is the GReddy one, i was very impressed with its fit and use there afterwards

DSC01567.jpg

DSC01568.jpg

DSC01569.jpg

DSC01570.jpg

but this is a rubbish location for a pipe and i can not fit my Cruise bonnet becuase of it

DSC01573.jpg

and fitted, quite a lot of bumper chopping required

DSC01577.jpg

Jay

Admin

Annoying this is its 2nd hand sio been fitted before! Only thing i can think if is the previous owner didnt have air con, and me keeping it makes the lange angle more critical.

Only experienced this on the auto EP82 where the radiator is too thick to fit the pipe on properly.

You need to loosen your aircon radiator on the manual models too.