private plate taken off reregistered as px53 htk

pc18

North West England Area Rep.
i have just had my private numberplate removed off my GT and its been given the registration px53 htk???????

is this ok or has the dvla cocked up big time?

do i now have the newest starlet turbo lol :homer:

GTdan

In The Closet
yup they have screwed up - presuming it was rgistered in the uk in 2003/4.

Dont think the new reg will make the tax increase (unlike if it was a 2litre and would be paying £400 a year!).

May be worth ringing them up and asking to correct the issue.

CMR

Member +
Happens when your old plate has been registered whilst the private one was on. In the small print on cherished plates it says its possible you won't get the same one back.

I dunno about tax though.. i'd 100% double check that

GTnomez

Member +
yeah, no mistake, if you take the private reg off and get a new one, they areguaranteed to give any one they can find....so yours is 53!! when i get pulled on my ep82 for having an ilegal plate the coppers say 'if you get pulled three time in a row the dvla will take off the private plate and give you any one!! so you wont get your original one back'

herbie

Member +
If you want your old plate back (when you come to sell on the car for instance) do you not have to keep your old plate on retention??

j4cko

Member +
No. Your original plate will just become property of the DVLA as such, but when you sell your car/ remove your private plate then they will usually put the original plate back on the car. Then the cars history all matches etc...