FYI, anyone using st165 calipers

Phil

Super Moderator
unfortunatly uprated pads can be hard to come by for the st165 brake setup, :confused:

here is a page i found whilst surfing around, i hope it proves helpful to someone!

http://www.alltrac.net/tuning/brake.html

the racesearch link doesnt work but take a look at potterfield racing pads, r4s as the above link suggests should be good value for a performance pad.

Phil

dac69er

Super Moderator
good info mate. gotta make sure they are difinitely the correct pads though. i find alot of companies claim to sell st165 pads, but they arent the right ones.

fensport are able to get green and red pads still. i may invest in some greenstuff pads in the summer

Phil

Super Moderator
ah good man dunc :) i'll have a wee look on fensport then aswell!
pm coming your way. :)

Phil

dac69er

Super Moderator
had a look into it before and fensport seem to be one of the few people that actually list uprated brake pads for them. they did list pagid pads which ive used before and liked, but unfortunately they dont do them anymore :(

still a bit of a choice out there if you look hard enough, and stock pads are pretty damn good for the road anyway ;)

Phil

Super Moderator
think im may go for some potterfield racing ones soon (funds permitting) and report back my findings :)

Phil

Phil

Super Moderator
HELLO my dear old thread.

Got myself some another set of ST165 calipers, needing a refurb so will be blasting and rebuilding asap.

discs are already machined to suit.

Just back to choosing pads, ill update this thread when i work out what is still out there in the marketplace for ST165 calipers.

Phil

dac69er

Super Moderator
I wouldn't touch big red.

My calipers were bought from another member rebuilt by them. They leaked. I stripped and rebuilt them and they leaked again. I tried once more to no avail.
Bought a genuine rebuild kit and they were perfect first time.

Phil

Super Moderator
I wouldn't touch big red.

My calipers were bought from another member rebuilt by them. They leaked. I stripped and rebuilt them and they leaked again. I tried once more to no avail.
Bought a genuine rebuild kit and they were perfect first time.

genuine rebuild kit easy got?

Phil