Con Rods Gt V Glanza Pix

Chris@CCM

Member +
well striped down a glanza engine to nite unreal how crapy the rods look any wonder theres a few with con rods faults on hear. hears a pix side by side ill be fitting a set of gt rods back in this one for sure

gt one is the fater one
ep91vep82rodsol6.jpg

wow!

I remember Johnny C saying they were different but I just took it that he was smoking something funny:homer:

rep added

edit: will gt rods fit onto glanza crank and all be ok?

ChrisGT

Member +
So a GT and V engine are in fact different internally?!? I thought there were only minor differences...but thats quite a huge one!

GT's FTMFW!

gv1.3

Admin
in all seriousness... because I dont know a lot about this so some of you might be able to explain...

Would lighter rods allow the engine to build up revs more quickly?

And would stronger rods only benefit you if you were reving higer than standard rev limit? Its the pistons that take the brunt of higher boost is it not?

Chris@CCM

Member +
in all seriousness... because I dont know a lot about this so some of you might be able to explain...

Would lighter rods allow the engine to build up revs more quickly?

And would stronger rods only benefit you if you were reving higer than standard rev limit? Its the pistons that take the brunt of higher boost is it not?
a small amount yes but they look v week

gv1.3

Admin
you dont really hear of many Glanzas or GT's killing rods though so they must be fine for the intended purpose. And most people who are forging seem to change rods and pistons. I suppose its like the extra blade on the ct9b to give a lil tiny bit more to try make up for the extra weight of the car. Great to see an actual pic though thanks for posting :)

hardcoreep

Member +
That's why the V has a higher rpm limit. I've seen no difference in the strength of either engine. As a matter of fact when driving a GT the engine feels heavy and unwilling to rev to me.

ChrisGT

Member +
That's why the V has a higher rpm limit. I've seen no difference in the strength of either engine. As a matter of fact when driving a GT the engine feels heavy and unwilling to rev to me.

...you trying to say that the miniscule difference makes such a noticeable difference? I've never driven a V so can't really comment; but seems crazy for such a small difference to be so easily felt! :homer:

PS. Whats a V's rev limit?? So a Glanza has lighter rods, higher rev limit, improved turbo (top end power I take it?) - and its still slower than a GT?! Mwuahaha :p

Chris@CCM

Member +
over the past few months ive seen a lot of glanzas brakeing con rods some evne at stock boost. ask johnnyc about glanza con rods

gv1.3

Admin
not a huge amount of them reported on the site here though in fairness. I wouldnt list it as a common fault with Glanzas.