Samco size for turbo inlet ?

Blak_Mamber

Member +
Hey people,

Need to order up a samco pipe to fit onto the end of the turbo for when i relocate my filter next week. Does anyone know the inner diameter of the hose i need to fit nicely over the turbo inlet? I know the ID of the turbo is 44mm (thanks to Idress)

Many thanks,

Lewis :)

Blak_Mamber

Member +
Has no one got a relocated filter kit for theirs and know the size of the end that fits the turbo ???

Need to order one of these but need the correct size.....

Please :)

durmz

Member +
just to help the wording lew, u wanna know the external diameter of the turbo inlet?

lol, dint mean to be a patronising cock there :D haha

Last edited:

MentaLEP91

Member +
well i aint sure but i think it is 46mm. if the inner diameter is 44 then the exterior diameter of the inlet should be like 2-3mm thicker than that.

Blak_Mamber

Member +
well i aint sure but i think it is 46mm. if the inner diameter is 44 then the exterior diameter of the inlet should be like 2-3mm thicker than that.

Yeah was thinking that, but just wanted to be 100% sure before i ordered.

thanks for your reply mate

Idrees

Banned
I measured a CT9B the other day. The outer diameter was 40mm.

The Turbo was off the car so I did measure it properly. I will double check for you when I get home tonight.

The last CT9 I measured was fitted to the car so maybe it was a little inaccurate. I will give you proper measurements tonight matey. Sorry about the confusion. :S

Last edited:

Blak_Mamber

Member +
I measured a CT9B the other day. The diameter was 40mm.

The Turbo was off the car so I did measure it properly...

I will double check for you when I get home tonight.

Hey mate, is that the diameter of the inner or outer diameter? I need to know the outer so i can slip a samco over it :)

Blak_Mamber

Member +
Many thanks Idrees, thats what i needed to hear...

If you could double check tonight or whenever you can dude, that would be much appreciated.

Rep added.

CHeers,

Lewis :)

jayc-glanza17

Fresh Recruit
the inner diameter is 38mm.
so idrees is right with 40mm,
i got a turbo in my room and just measured it for ya lew,
the mid 40mm is for a tongs hybrid mate.

stuart

Member +
Use the old inner part off the efi pipe and a standard top mount rubber bend. What I used for relocation :) - Was all free too, bollocks to paying for some rubber with Samco stamped on it. :p

Monkfish

Member +
Use the old inner part off the efi pipe and a standard top mount rubber bend. What I used for relocation :) - Was all free too, bollocks to paying for some rubber with Samco stamped on it. :p

You sir, might well be a fucking genius! I've been wanting to find something cheap to put a filter onto The Bitch and everything I've tried has failed. I'm sure I have one of the stock TMIC rubber hoses (I know I've got the cooler itself) in the loft that I didn't even think of using!

stuart

Member +
Check my members garage mate, my filter relocation is 2 old top mount bends, and a bit of piping I had in the garage. ;)