safe boosting for a ct12 "1GGTE"

RGM1800

Member +
You manage to get this to fit then mate? Did you use a CT9 exhaust housing? Pics?!

i manage to fit this by using a ct9 exhaust housing, rotating the compressor housing to mate the actuator rod to the arm. extending the acuator rod using a bolt and a long nut so that ill not change the wastegate arm. and a bit modification on the compressor side

04052009255.jpg

09052009270.jpg

04052009256.jpg

enjoy.. hope this helps

Last edited:

RGM1800

Member +
bigger exhaust wheel and compwheel
good powerband
provides better toque than ct9

Last edited:

Monkfish

Member +
whats the most safest boost we can put into this turbo? without the fueling mods. thanks

thanks

Probably around 0.6 bar. A stock setup will fuel cut at around 0.7-0.8 bar iirc on a CT9 and I'd wager that the CT12 would flow a lot more air at the same pressures.

Best bet would be to sort your fueling out and wind the boost up. :freddy:

Jay

Admin
Hard to say from here. Best advice I can offer is to break out the wideband and play it by ear mate.

Neat modifying BTW. Very tidy. :)

Jay

Admin
Doesn't matter what boost you run I'd still advise a fuelling run with a wideband. I'm not 100% sure what tuners are local to you but it's highly recommended mate.

No point guessing - you could be missing free power or risking damage for the sake of it.

RGM1800

Member +
Hard to say from here. Best advice I can offer is to break out the wideband and play it by ear mate.

Neat modifying BTW. Very tidy. :)

thanks for the appreciation but my actuator is a bit shitty no time to make it look good.;)

ChrisGT

Member +
Oh I see, the CT12 vac source is round the back, so how'd you do it? Drill and weld?

Did the CT12 exhaust wheel fit in the CT9 exhaust housing without porting it?

RGM1800

Member +
Oh I see, the CT12 vac source is round the back, so how'd you do it? Drill and weld?

Did the CT12 exhaust wheel fit in the CT9 exhaust housing without porting it?

drill the force fit the weld it:beer:

you need to port the exhaust housing when you use the ct12 exhaust wheel.
it should be machined porting not the dremel.:beer:

if you don want to port the exhaust housing then use the ct9 exhaust wheel

RGM1800

Member +
Go on mate, make me one...you know you want to ;)

ill try to find time adn source another ct12s like these.you can do it bro. it needs a bit of patience and a lot of guts.:rockon:
just sent an email to monka. its a compilation pics of the ct12 that i got.:beer:

ChrisGT

Member +
I'd don't have the facilities to machine/weld, so would have to get someone to do it in which case I might as well just fork out and buy a pre-built Hybrid!

RGM1800

Member +
I'd don't have the facilities to machine/weld, so would have to get someone to do it in which case I might as well just fork out and buy a pre-built Hybrid!

im planning to make you one but ill try to source if we can get another ct12.
now i dont have a price for the hybriding. do still have your aircon? we can make a custom spec turbo like this

hybrid 9/12

ct12 compressor housing and internals mated with a ct9 exhaust housing
custom adjustable actuator or a custom wastegate arm.
ported wastegate
fully balanced
new seals

thats what i have in mind right now