How many miles to a tank?

Idrees

Banned
Hey guys,

How many miles are people getting to the tank? I've got to the point where I'm sick of running the GT because of how much she drinks, even running low boost (.5 bar)

I don't know what the hell is going wrong but I'm pretty sure mine is very very heavy on petrol. I've checked for leaks but found nothing.

For example on Saturday I had dipped in to reserves a bit, filled it right up which cost almost £41, I've done 140 miles and I'm almost empty again.

It's really pissing me off now!! Is this normal? How many do you get to a tank?

Blak_Mamber

Member +
I dont even think £41 will fit in my tank. £33 max!! (GT tank) & thats V power always.

I would say i get around 200 miles round town driving & around 250ish maybe more when on motorway + mixed driving.

Beaker

Member +
Even now I get at least 300 miles to a tank on my Glanza. Running 1bar on a Tongs gt spec hybrid.
GTs have a smaller tank, but surely not that much smaller.

Fro

Member +
I went to edinburgh and back on a tank once, circa 220 miles. Im sure that was the time i got 42mpg? (could have been another time!) That was on the ct9@1bar though.

But even after getting the hybrid set up on the way home done about 160miles between stations and was nowhere near having used a full tank. Saying that, that was on the motorway!

gv1.3

Admin
by the sounds of things you need to be checking for holes Idrees.

If it makes you feel better the car I am driving at the moment gets single figure MPG around town and about 18mpg on the motorway.

scot-ish

Member +
firstly, how the feck are you gettin £40 into a gt tank, how much is the fuel where you live??

as above, form the red light to coming out the filler pipe, i get £33 which was 33 litres at the time, i drove on the motorway, and got IIRC 260miles before filling up, and that was the light flickering again thats about 42mpg, which i thought was good, compared to my 106 gti,

ct9 at standard high boost

addz

Member +
Damn thats dire!

I get around 140+ miles to £20 with mild driving - thats Vpower as always.

clarkytrd

Member +
Hey guys,

How many miles are people getting to the tank? I've got to the point where I'm sick of running the GT because of how much she drinks, even running low boost (.5 bar)

I don't know what the hell is going wrong but I'm pretty sure mine is very very heavy on petrol. I've checked for leaks but found nothing.

For example on Saturday I had dipped in to reserves a bit, filled it right up which cost almost £41, I've done 140 miles and I'm almost empty again.

It's really pissing me off now!! Is this normal? How many do you get to a tank?

Check your coolant temerature sensor...

mine was running poor for ages and overfuelling non stop..

so id check that as that what caused mine!!

Idrees

Banned
Coolant temp sensor, cool I'll have a look. Is that the green one on the thermo housing?

I went in to reserves on the weekend, and filled it right to the top where the cap screws on. If I don't go in to reserves then a full tank is about £35. Shell V Power 99 is almost £1.10.

I've done exactly 150 miles and my fuel light is shining again!

munday

Member +
Coolant temp sensor, cool I'll have a look. Is that the green one on the thermo housing?

I went in to reserves on the weekend, and filled it right to the top where the cap screws on. If I don't go in to reserves then a full tank is about £35. Shell V Power 99 is almost £1.10.

I've done exactly 150 miles and my fuel light is shining again!

I believe its the two wire sensor on the thermo housing mate, and i think its green (under the dirt) :p

Dane_Bristol

Member +
Well matey i go through 10 pound a day.

10 pound will get me 45 miles normal to hard driving and 55 ish with hardly any boost.

Around 30 to fill it up so thats only 135 miles per full tank.

weakboy2

Member +
thats crap guys, i would look at the maps!

TBH its probs to do with the powerfc, as i am running emanage blue!! with 550's and i get a good fuel return!

Brad_L

Member +
i filled up yesterday from empty and it cost me £25 from the red light and i can get 250miles to a tank easy but when give it some ive used a tank to just over 100miles

Jay

Admin
My auto is returning 300kms to a tank (£30) with mixed urban and country driving.

My 5E is returning 420kms under the same conditions.

Unless you are using it for pizza deliveries it sounds a bit thirsty.

CMR

Member +
My old glanza used to be pretty bad.

I changed the fuelfilter and reset the ecu and it seemed to improve.

People quoting miles to a tank also remember the glanza has a 45 litre tank, the GT has a smaller one