Pre tuned ecu self learning?

GP82

Member +
Jus' went onto the Mine's website,

http://www.mines-wave.com/E_09/CATALOG/VX-ROM_world_E.html

and it look's like they have updated some of the content on their electronic tune section into english!

Mr. Niikura goes on about ‘perfect’ tuning. He give’s you an insight of all the factors they have to take in to account which effects the outcome of the tune with the technology that is available within the ecu’s in the new motors of today. As for self learning – premapped ecu’s he states how they do self learn and constantly adapt to various driving conditions. I have experienced this myself first hand with the mine’s ecu in the ep82! I’m not jus’ a Mine’s tune fanboy, I have equal respect for all the jap tuner’s Jam, Blitz, Sard etc as they all offer something different in their approach to tuning.

dac69er

Super Moderator
the "self learning" ecus only adapt within certain parameters. if you go too far from what the ecu was originally mapped for then it wont work very well.
like it said in the excerpt you wrote, adapts to different driving conditions, nothing is said about different engine setups.

even the stock ecu "self learns" to a degree.

problem with using the term "self learning" is that some people end up thinking that you buy this ecu, slap it on and it will tune itself whatever setup you have. unfortunately things are not that simple.

i agree, they are good little units. i currently have one fitted to one of my cars and it works well.

Last edited: