oil pressure clock

billybob

Untrusted Seller
have an oil pressure sensor /clock were is the best place to tap drill the sensor in runing an oil cooler but no place to screw the sensor in might have to drill it in somewhere?

Blak_Mamber

Member +
I used one of these for my oil pressure gauge.

DSC00103.jpg

This is a braided line attached to my block...

For the sandwich plate, i found that you have to grind alot of your power steering unit or the sandwich plate to be able to get it to fit. Wasnt up for that.

Last edited:

MarckGlanza

Member +

DSC00103.jpg

For the sandwich plate, i found that you have to grind alot of your power steering unit or the sandwich plate to be able to get it to fit. Wasnt up for that.

are these just 1/8npt size for the starlet
(sorry for the hijack)

cheers marck

Blak_Mamber

Member +
Mine reads fine mate. The oil pressure will read fine, but a oil temp gauge will not work using the braided line........ that needs to be fitted directly as per weejohns method:

Fitted both of these sensors to mine for about £7

Get an adaptor to connect into the block where the stock oil pressure switch is and tee the pressure guage sender in there. About £6
Teepiece.jpg

At the belt end of the standard oil filter housing there is a plug that can be removed, and replaced with a bolt that has a hole drilled in it and threaded the same size as the temp sender. Drill a small hole in the pas bracket for the wires to pass through and you have it done.
temp.jpg

"Tuning on a budget R us"

ktl

Member +

DSC00103.jpg

what cable/wire have you used to wire that in.. and did you crimp ring terminals.. just curious as mine works then its flickers and stops lol

EvilKnievel

Member +

DSC00103.jpg

Cable ties are AWESOME! :rockon: