5efte ct9 power figures

5p1ff

Member +
As stated above I'd like to know how many hp/kw your rides are pushing. This is more of a bench mark for me so i know when i get mine mapped what sought of power i should be expecting. A simple :hp xx mods:xx would do i guess

Just cracked two pistons from 4efte so shaved my 5e pistons :( till i can get another set no budget for it now.

5efte , ct9 , ported mani, ported wastegate , gutted cat, 2.5"exhaust.
Dont mean to stray but if my compression will be higher i can safely say a larger turbo will spool faster than if I have my 4e pistons?

thanx

richglanzav

Member +
dnt look like ur gna have much luck dude...lot of people gna build a 5e for a massive turbo so not many 5e's with a ct9 :(

gedis

Member +
the blue wide arch gt over here got 167bhp and 187lb/ft of torque on 5e with ct9 turbo, not sure what boost thought

billybob

Untrusted Seller
ct9 on a 5e should see 190bhp/185lbs mybe more if you push it but the turbo might not last to long:)

gedis

Member +
not much extra power, more torque is more like it alrite, also ct9 is too small for 5e, it can only bypass limited amout of gases

5p1ff

Member +
Thanx for info guys so 190-200 bhp it is. Will be looking around for a bigger turbo in a few months and everything needed to slap it on. Till then :drive:

finx

Member +
sheldon is correct, i am running a stock ct9 on my 5e

dyno figures to date are 110kw@wheels and 395nm@wheels torque
and with a good car set up i have managed a 13.7 0-400m

im running stock 5e bottom end
stock 5e head
custom exhaust manifold
custom intercooler with e39a mitsi vr4 fmic
2.25inch exhaust system
cold air intake
external wastegate
8psi peak boost

currently running the stock ep71 turbo 2e-t ecu with a custom loom which is limiting it without a doubt and i have the base timing retarded quite a bit to keep deonation down which also helps keep the engine in one piece.
there is plenty more in it with more boost and more timing. i will be doing a 4efte ecu dyno comparison before i change to mega-squirt in the near future. we finished putting the boards together the other day (thanks to fatman)

on the whole it is a wicked street engine package.
the main two advantages it has is wickedly fast spool up and response and unlike a 4e ct9 it doesnt drop off power at high rpm (this is where the after market manifold made the difference) HP flattens off at 6000 but the torque keeps pulling you through
it makes boost at 1500rpm and can go up any hill in 5th gear no worries often on boost.
its extremely quick until 120-130km/hr not many cars on the road will even touch it until after 130km/hr by which time you are passed the legal speed limit anyway.