Whats the best route for amp power cable?

Skidz

Fresh Recruit
Can anyone tell me the best way to get the cable from the inside of the car to the engine bay/battery? Simple job but I can't see a route for it :mad: Thanks

dac69er

Super Moderator
simple.

behind the airbox is a rubber grommet that has wiring going into the car. put a small slit in that and then push the cable through. will come out just below the glovebox.

then run the cable just underneath the carpet on the passenger side until it gets to the rear. job done.

once its run put a pit of silicone sealant where the wire goes in to stop any water ingress you might get.

Derek

Lifer
As said above also keep the power cable on the opposite side to the rest of the cables coming from the amp. Power down the passenger side the rest down the drivers.

Skidz

Fresh Recruit
Exactly what I was after thanks guys. Is it something that I can get away with by having both down 1 side? Only because I've just done it lol, I had them on same side on my 2 previous cars.

dac69er

Super Moderator
your only told to run them seperately to stop any interfeerance, but as your running just a sub and your not exactly going for high quality it wil be fine

Derek

Lifer
Exactly what I was after thanks guys. Is it something that I can get away with by having both down 1 side? Only because I've just done it lol, I had them on same side on my 2 previous cars.

i done it once and it caused interferance in the sound you could hear the cars engine rev through the speakers.

Skidz

Fresh Recruit
Oh did'nt know that, just assumed it was some kind of fire hazard. I'll see how it is and I'll re-route if necessary. Thanks for your help guys rep just about to be added. :)

Skidz

Fresh Recruit
All wired up and booming! Seemed to have got away with any inteference issues, probably because it's only a small set-up. Thanks for your help guys!

dac69er

Super Moderator
All wired up and booming! Seemed to have got away with any inteference issues, probably because it's only a small set-up. Thanks for your help guys!

good you found out your battery was knackered before fitting this. otherwise your battery would be dead pretty soon with a sub banging away in the back with this cold weather :p