I have a stupid question...

92paseobuild

Fresh Recruit
I have heard on the stock 4efte, there is a way to adjust boost from a low to high setting (6psi low and 9psi high)(sorry, i use psi, not bar)

is this true, and if so, where is the switch and how do i adjust up to 9psi??

thanks,
-matt

scot-ish

Member +
the starlet 4efte is fitted with a boost solenoid as standard, and this is switched between the two settings.

scot-ish

Member +
the boost solenoid i mentioned was integrated in the car, im assuming after the switch, people have removed the solenoid setup up.

you could buy yourself an HKS adjustable actuator, and lengthen/shorten the wastegate arm, to the desired boost your after, otherwise you will need to fit an electronic boost controller.

davehart

Member +
You could, in theory put the solenoid back in if you can find the parts for it but the easiest way would be an HKS unit as suggested.

92paseobuild

Fresh Recruit
if it were to have one, where would it most likely be??

and i have this laying around

DSC_0319.jpg

scot-ish

Member +
the solenoid would be in the engine bay, with a pipe running from the actuator to it, and the button on the starlet is on the centre console of the dash.

corofin12345

Member +
not sure with the ep82 but think its located at the back of the engine.. heres wat it looks like on my ep91.. orange hoses goin 2 it

P1010241.jpg

corofin12345

Member +
if you have a standard actuator there should be 2 pipes coming from it.. one runs 2 turbo and the other one to high/low boost solenoid and from high/low boost solenoid back onto efi pipe(turbo inlet pipe)...