N.Ireland road tax online?

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
I've been told you can tax your car online in Northern Ireland, I've been on their website for ages now and I can't see where to do it!

I can't find my insurance cert so doing it online is prefarable. Has anyone ever done it or have a link?

It is now possible to re-licence some vehicles by telephoning DVA directly, if you can say yes to the following:

* My vehicle is currently insured
* I have a Debit card, for example Switch or Delta, (Not a credit card or Electron card)

Please Note: DVA has access to an insurance database where 90% of all insurance details are held. With your permission we will access this database to confirm your insurance details. About 10% of insurance records are not on the database so there is a small chance that we will not be able to renew your disc by telephone.

Once you are connected to an operator, your telephone call should last no more than 3 minutes at standard rate. You should receive your licence disc, by post within 3 working days.

The facility is available Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm: - Tel: (028) 7034 1514

http://www.dvlni.gov.uk/vehicles/renewtax.htm

according to that you can do it over the phone, not sure about online but sure the phone is just as easy

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Tried that link but it doesn't find my car when I try.

Is that link not for cars in England, Scotland and Wales?

jonny-boi32

Member +
Tried that link but it doesn't find my car when I try.

Is that link not for cars in England, Scotland and Wales?

no ive used it before. it didnt pick up 1 of my cars either. not the best of system. jus try put reg in capitals, with space, without space, etc...