0-60mph: 6.9 or 8.2 secs?

penant78

Fresh Recruit
Hi everyone I'm new but I'm looking for a while at the Starlet Turbo.
Most of the information say that It'll do the 0-60 mph in 6.9 seconds but I've seen in a thread that the original leaflet from Toyota said 8.2.
What's the truth?
Anyway it'll blow a lot of cars!

Thanks.
Franklin.

GlanzaV1.3

Member +
if i am correct (and someone correct me if i am wrong)

8.2 (ish) will be the stock 0-60

6.9 (ish) will be when you bypass the solenoid to allow full boost in 1st and 2nd...

Greg0r

Member +
Nah the Starlet GT's Stock 0-60 is 6.9

obviously they are now 10+ years old so arent going to be exactly that

Glanza's your looking at around 7ish

but with a few mods can easy improve these.

GTti

Member +
Thats for a Glanza which was more like 7.2 due to a bleed of boost in the first couple of gears to aid traction.

Standard 0-60 is 6.9 seconds or more depending on your weight, your wheels, petrol, traction etc.

sx_turbo

Lifer
actually the official time according to HYPER REVS the god of magazines for the starlet is:

8.2 seconds and 8.3 seconds for glanza :)

starbogt

Member +
How can they quote 8.2? when stock vs stock say starlet gt vs saxo vts The starlet will beat the saxo to 60 yet the saxo is rated at around 7.5secs and they say the starlet is 8.2 I think they made a typing error although every car is different same model vs same model it may be that Hyper Revs had a test in a very slow car!

sx_turbo

Lifer
toby may well be right,

dont always listen to what is written on internet there is a lot of duff information on the internet, not just starlet related stuff

Ted

Member +
in 1989 a british car magazine did a feature on the new starlet range including the turbo. their figure was 6.9

keirz

Member +
well in my glanza i have done a few 0-60 runs timed with a g tech. the best i have got so far is 6.5 secs and thats with boost restriction removed hks actuator at 0.8 bar, no other mods. all my other results were around the 6.8 - 7.5 secs mark. these runs were in the wet too and traction was an issue so i think it can do better.

ChrisGT

Member +
well in my glanza i have done a few 0-60 runs timed with a g tech. the best i have got so far is 6.5 secs and thats with boost restriction removed hks actuator at 0.8 bar, no other mods. all my other results were around the 6.8 - 7.5 secs mark. these runs were in the wet too and traction was an issue so i think it can do better.

Impressive! Mine should be something smiliar hopefully!

Dan3SGTE

Member +
in my pretty much completely stock GT i used to hit around 7 secs all the time (in dry) i did hit a 6.8 a couple of times....

0-60mph is a waste of time anyway in IMO..... all about what your car can do after ;)

ChrisGT

Member +
6k then change up. 2nd gear sees me to 50mph ish...haven't done a proper 0-60 since I first got it, and it managed 8s then and that was my first day of driving the car, also my bro was timing it, and he weighs about 17stone- slowed it down a bit? lol. Chances are I would be a lot quicker now. Might give it a go tomorrow and time it properly*

* on a private road ofc.

goldenvtr

Member +
lol i had my VTR officially recorded at 8.1secs 0-60 (was at french car show on the sprint track.

and my stock GT was amazingly fater in stock form:p 7.2 sounds about right for a good engine with average driver.