help identifing garrett turbo?any good?pics too

Mark-ep91

Member +
well lads today i got a garrett turbo off a buddie for free just wondering is it any good?and whats it off?as i have only a ct9 now

this is whats stamped on turbo (Garrett a/r .48 M24) [L] on the turbo side
On the badge in the centre says made in japan wg 0186J and 14411-44F01and 465795-3
on the wastegate side .64
on the mani flange 34P

pics are below
Photo0427.jpg

Photo0423.jpg

Photo0429.jpg

Photo0428.jpg

Photo0431.jpg

Photo0426.jpg

Photo0425.jpg

any help appriciated and rep will be added
thanks
mark

alan_d

Lifer
IIRC m24 refers to the compressor housing itself, generally t25/28,
14411-44F01 is the most relevant, its the part number, it leads you to it being a part fitted to a:
200SX
CA18DET engine
typical HP 169
CC/number of cyls ideal 1.8cc/4cyl
Fuel type = Gasoline

Pressure/actuator
Type = Pressure
0.74 - 0.84 bar = 0.38 mm
1.27 - 1.30 bar = 4.00 mm

Angles
d (delta) = 183º
ε (épsilon) = 167º

Balance VSR
1.5G between 0 - 80.000 r.p.m.

alan_d

Lifer
not necessarily, Id say it would only be of real use on a forged build, to bring her on to boost will take a fair whack of exh gas flowing!
Sasha has produced t28 kits in the past, so theres bound to be a fair few owners on here.

TBH you'd probably be as well selling it on to the mx5 guys, as they readily prefer T25/28, similar to the guys on here prefering td04

glanza2281

Member +
Dont ever sell this turbo man!!! I believe this is a Gt25 or gt28r. The Gt28r is a ball bearing one. And according to your pics it looks the same one I have on my car...GT28r.
It will increse your spool time to around 3800(accompanying mods required) but the power you yield from it is insane. But I run mine with an external wastegate.The capability of this turbo is well above what the stock engine can support and these internal waste gates are difficlut to control boost even with an EBC...so maybe you can see with your mechanic if may be you can weld the opening and get yourself a good new manifold. Also try to fit in a very small FMIC else car might lag too much... do also take care of the size of the pipings...

I run mine on 1bar with stock internals.

Its definetly a very good turbo!!! Then later as a 2nd stage development for your car you can forge or even better go 5e.

Mark-ep91

Member +
Dont ever sell this turbo man!!! I believe this is a Gt25 or gt28r. The Gt28r is a ball bearing one. And according to your pics it looks the same one I have on my car...GT28r.
It will increse your spool time to around 3800(accompanying mods required) but the power you yield from it is insane. But I run mine with an external wastegate.The capability of this turbo is well above what the stock engine can support and these internal waste gates are difficlut to control boost even with an EBC...so maybe you can see with your mechanic if may be you can weld the opening and get yourself a good new manifold. Also try to fit in a very small FMIC else car might lag too much... do also take care of the size of the pipings...

I run mine on 1bar with stock internals.

Its definetly a very good turbo!!! Then later as a 2nd stage development for your car you can forge or even better go 5e.

thanks for all the info man rep added
also where did you get the mani and downpipe?any pics of your setup?

Nayls

Member +
quite commonly used on r5 gtt's & they spool up fine on them so you should'nt have any issues on a starlet :)

GaryGT

Member +
lad you shud have no Issues with this Turbo as long as u get a nice Manifold and dont go for a Huge FMIC
It will spool up nicely and will easily run 250bhp all day long
with supporting Mods of course ;)