Help, Bee*R Rev limiter wont work.

baba_kp61

Fresh Recruit
Right i said id throw this in the starlet but somthings up..
Bee*r say you have to connect it to the ( IGF + ) and ( NE + ) of the ecu of toyotas..
I did this, have 12v power and earth done also off the ecu..
In otherwards connected right as told from all the info i can get..

The red light flickers on but no limit from the unit..?
The engine is the 4efe. and am out of ideas..
have also cut the ( grey ) wire at the side of the unit as told for the 4 cylinder engine..

Any help would be good from people that have this in there car.

Can provide ecu pinouts and Bee*R wiring also to help people if they would like..

Craig

Lifer
Right i said id throw this in the starlet but somthings up..
Bee*r say you have to connect it to the ( IGF + ) and ( NE + ) of the ecu of toyotas..
I did this, have 12v power and earth done also off the ecu..
In otherwards connected right as told from all the info i can get..

The red light flickers on but no limit from the unit..?
The engine is the 4efe. and am out of ideas..
have also cut the ( grey ) wire at the side of the unit as told for the 4 cylinder engine..

Any help would be good from people that have this in there car.

Can provide ecu pinouts and Bee*R wiring also to help people if they would like..

I warn you now, you will more than likely trash your engine with a Bee*R...

ALaN

Member +
Well there not made to create chavtastic flames if that's what you want stick a sparkplug in your exhaust. People wreck their exhaust with them sittin makin videos of poppin bangin and flames. It's a rev limiter to stop the revs goin further than a set amount, do you wait for your car to hit the limiter before you change gear? I think not.

Craig

Lifer
Well there not made to create chavtastic flames if that's what you want stick a sparkplug in your exhaust. People wreck their exhaust with them sittin makin videos of poppin bangin and flames. It's a rev limiter to stop the revs goin further than a set amount, do you wait for your car to hit the limiter before you change gear? I think not.

It is often used as a launch control though... If it's for a top end rev limit that you don't intend on bouncing off, then I agree it should be ok.

If used as a launch control, whereby you bounce off the rev limit for a few seconds, then it will overtime wreck the engine. Take it from someone who used it at Crail.

durmz

Member +

sooo what ure saying is it will be fine unless you actually hit the rev limit and use it....

ahhh perfect sense :homer:

there wank, i really wouldnt use one

ALaN

Member +
Well how often do you bounce the car off the limiter? The odd time yes? Then it'll be fine but if you sit bouncing it off it for no reason then it's bound to damage something. I agree with craig though on the launch control side of things best off with EMU but you have to remember this is a racing mod not really designed to be used on a daily driver. It's there as a safety device to prevent over revving ie my ecu raises the rev limit but I don't really like taking a 4e past 7.5k so I change gear but if I'm not quick enough it'll keep rising which isn't really that good and that's where the Bee R comes in.
I'm not after a debate just fed up seeing these useless comments on threads where people are simply asking for help. Pretty sure if it where your thread these posts are the last thing you would want to read.

Craig

Lifer
Personally, if I was fitting a part that could potentially damage my car, I'd want to know about it rather than be oblivious and just told how to fit it without any warnings. If the op still wants to go ahead and fit it, then there are tutorials for exactly that.

ALaN

Member +
Anyone who fits parts to their car and doesn't know what they do or how they work shouldn't be fitting parts to their car in the first place.

Craig

Lifer
Anyone who fits parts to their car and doesn't know what they do or how they work shouldn't be fitting parts to their car in the first place.

I agree, but in reality, people see something they think is cool so go out and buy it regardless.

Gryzor

Admin
Well how often do you bounce the car off the limiter? The odd time yes? Then it'll be fine but if you sit bouncing it off it for no reason then it's bound to damage something. I agree with craig though on the launch control side of things best off with EMU but you have to remember this is a racing mod not really designed to be used on a daily driver. It's there as a safety device to prevent over revving ie my ecu raises the rev limit but I don't really like taking a 4e past 7.5k so I change gear but if I'm not quick enough it'll keep rising which isn't really that good and that's where the Bee R comes in.
I'm not after a debate just fed up seeing these useless comments on threads where people are simply asking for help. Pretty sure if it where your thread these posts are the last thing you would want to read.

The comments are backed up by facts end-off.
I'm still waiting on someone posting to say they've been running a bee*R rev limiter for the last year without issue ? this might lead to some debate or add something to this thread.

baba_kp61

Fresh Recruit
Whoooo.
Calm down lads...
Im am using it for launch thats it..
I know what it does and far safer than fuel cut in my opinion..

Also im not running a turbo setup as of yet so less chance of doing damage to the n/a engine..

What a laugh the lad asked for help not opinions. These units are fine to use if your not a fuckin chav wantin to put on an automotive fireworks display and use it as a rev limiter like it's designed for.

This should help
http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/...ad.php?t=13386

^^^^
I have the very same wiring diagram as above ,and a no go..
what happens is the red light flicks on que but no spark cut from the unit..
Can figure it, its brand new also so that rules out its faulty.

When i have the handbrake down and is ment to cut spark the handbrake light flashes also.???
And nothing happens when hand brake is pulled..
im out of ideas..

Craig

Lifer
Whoooo.
Calm down lads...
Im am using it for launch thats it..
I know what it does and far safer than fuel cut in my opinion..

Also im not running a turbo setup as of yet so less chance of doing damage to the n/a engine..

^^^^
I have the very same wiring diagram as above ,and a no go..
what happens is the red light flicks on que but no spark cut from the unit..
Can figure it, its brand new also so that rules out its faulty.

When i have the handbrake down and is ment to cut spark the handbrake light flashes also.???
And nothing happens when hand brake is pulled..
im out of ideas..

If it flashes at the RPM you would expect, then it is getting a signal from the RPM obviously. Therefore it must be down to the wire which actually cuts the ignition. Check this wire again.

baba_kp61

Fresh Recruit
If it flashes at the RPM you would expect, then it is getting a signal from the RPM obviously. Therefore it must be down to the wire which actually cuts the ignition. Check this wire again.

All checked and double checked.:confused:
Its starting to look doubtfull on working in the car now.:mad:
Wanted it for a bitta crack at launch but ah well thats that put to the side for a while until the next project...

Eoin_G

Member +
i had it on my glanza for 3 months and wrecked my manifold which in turn damaged my turbo great at the time but not worth the hassel