TD04 giving big problems.(help please)...

rwdstarlet

Member +
rite my friend fitted the td04 went to put her to a bar it wouldnt take it so left it at .6.

So yesterday i went to a "TUNER" (if ud call them that) more like a bunch of f***ing cowboys.They said i need new plugs (bought them off them there), then they said i need a new coil and main distributor lead so i got them.

Then all the f***ers did was turn up the fpr and put my fcd to 9 and it was still acting up and chugging and wouldnt take 1bar.so they said they cant fix it and sent me on my way.obviously i was flaming.:mad:

so im asking you lads(who no ur stuff about these cars, UNLIKE THE COWBOYS)do you no what could be up with her?

she chuggs down low up until 2500rpm then it stops up untill 5000 were it starts again.it feels like she pulls her self back.Is the best i can explain it.:confused:

sorry for the long post i just thought u should no a bit about her.

popsy09

Munster Area Rep.
extreme autos was it lol , i went to them once before just for some silicone hosing and the bullshit that came out of there they wanted to change clutches and injectors everything lol:p:p

Last edited:

rwdstarlet

Member +
1.internal waste gate lad,

2.standerd ecu

3.and yes it was extreme arseholes i went to

4.and ya chris i should of f n drove up to you cos u def no more about it than they did...my nanny would tune her better for me.ha.:haha:

popsy09

Munster Area Rep.
1.internal waste gate lad,

2.standerd ecu

3.and yes it was extreme arseholes i went to

4.and ya chris i should of f n drove up to you cos u def no more about it than they did...my nanny would tune her better for me.ha.:haha:

ha ha i wouldnt leave them turn up my radio never mind say boost !!!!! but lesson learned i suppose :):)

Foggy

Member +
Another extreme autos horror story i think. Get it to a good tuner there could be a load of problems after them cowboys!

corofin12345

Member +
no lad cos its trying to up the boost iam. if the fcd was shaged could this cause my problem?

lad your goin 2 blow you engine if you dont.!!! turn of the fcd, lower your boost and bring it 2 some one that knows what they are doin... chris is a good trek up but which would you prefer.. blown your engine and splashing out 500 or 600 on a new one or 70 euro of petrol and take it 2 chris or someone that knows what they are doin

Last edited:

Garci

Member +
if you not hitting fuel cut, then check for boost leak.

(soapy water with spray bottle over vacuum line & boost pipe clamps then rev her up bubbles show leaks)

i had a similar prob for past 2 weeks car would pull hard and stop at 4500rpm and cant redline, then it feel like holding there not goin any faster, then drops back to like 2000 if i dont change gear. just fix it lastnight was boost leak. clamps and stupid silicone hose leaking. worth a try.

rwdstarlet

Member +
if you not hitting fuel cut, then check for boost leak.

(soapy water with spray bottle over vacuum line & boost pipe clamps then rev her up bubbles show leaks)

i had a similar prob for past 2 weeks car would pull hard and stop at 4500rpm and cant redline, then it feel like holding there not goin any faster, then drops back to like 2000 if i dont change gear. just fix it lastnight was boost leak. clamps and stupid silicone hose leaking. worth a try.

thanks lad every idea helps..ill do that now in the morning.

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
a boost leak wont cause the problems your having with the car

the fcd is set wrong, it needs to be set to 8 not 9 for 1bar boost.. also 3.5bar fuel pressure is too much for the td04L at a bar.. id say more like 3.2bar.. but then again the only real way of knowing is if you get it datalogged ;)

kon