coilover sleeves

stuarty1

Member +
i hav never heared of them at all take it they are like coilovers only you stick it on your ovn shock ??

pig666eon

Member +
i hav never heared of them at all take it they are like coilovers only you stick it on your ovn shock ??

yeah thats the principle behind it like i said ive done a small research on these and they reckon there better than normal springs obviously not better than coilovers

they are fully adjustable aswell from 25mm to 100mm

stuarty1

Member +
they seem ta do the job done a serch there now hav never seen or heared eney one using then tho they cheep as well coilovers are a bitch lol my trd ons are so bumpy it unreal

weeJohn

Lifer
Those rubber o rings will wear out in no time, then the sleeves will damage the shock body and rattle like fuck.

MeisterR

Lifer
To this day, I still don't understand how those coilovers sleeve will work safely...
They are quite common within the Civic community, but most owners always say it is a waste of £50 and upgrade to proper suspension very quickly.

To lower the car, it will have to be shorter than the standard springs... and that mean there will be a HUGE gap between the perch and the top mount.
They don't provide helper springs... and in most cases their springs rate are poorly chosen.

That along with major reduction to the damper compression stroke travel of a standard damper without any spring rate protection like you get in progressive lowering springs... I can see the ride either be very harsh, or the standard damper bottoming out and blowing a seal within a very short time of operation.