bye bye civic type-r

Dan3SGTE

Member +
I agree with you Brad but the newer versions were still good cars and offered good enough performance with alot of potential. The twaeaked up versions from the likes of Mugen/spoon etc were awesome machines.

rb69

Member +
FD-2's are very nice. I think it's the right move by Honda. The UKDM Civic Type-R is already a watered down version of the one they sell to Japan. Conforming to new regulations is just going to make it even softer. It's a shame but everyone is going green mad at the moment so I can see it happening with a lot more performance cars.
The imports were better anyway!

Dan3SGTE

Member +
I dont understand what you guys are talking about. This isnt aimed at 1 car its aimed at the civic type R's in general. How do you know the newer version wouldnt be nice as im assuming the ugly one your talking of is the latest one..........

churcherj

Member +
I dont understand what you guys are talking about. This isnt aimed at 1 car its aimed at the civic type R's in general. How do you know the newer version wouldnt be nice as im assuming the ugly one your talking of is the latest one..........

ye talking about the most recent model with the horrible spoiler blocking the window :) i thought the article was generally refering to the most recent type r's? anyway i still think it looks like shite, just my opinion

wesgt

Lifer
i see! they won't be missed by me, i never liked the uk ones.
will these new rules on emissions stop the importation of japanese models?

Texx

Super Moderator
i still think it looks like shite, just my opinion

It's not just the looks. The build quality is shite, the suspension setup is shite, the electrical system is shite, the body paint is shite, the steering system is shite... I could go on but I'm sure I signed a contract somewhere that forbids me from divulging detailed information. IMO it's one less piece of crap being thrown together and kicked off the production line at HUM.

cant wait to see what honda have thought of to replace it!

There was at one point talk of producing an 'R' version of the CR-Z, though if it does materialise I'd be expecting more of a sporty milk float rather than any kind of rev happy motor.