Ep82 seat rails into Ep85?

Chris.Stewart

Member +
As above, heard that ep82 rails require modification to fit to the floor plan of the 85?!

Anyone know whats involved to do it? Big job?

Also, instead of posting another thread in the steering section, will any starlet steering wheel boss fit the ep85 as well? For a momo wheel...

Are they ebay ones all crap? Seen the boss kits for about 25 quid on there...

Cheers

Chris

dac69er

Super Moderator
the cheap boss kits are shit. go with the omp or momo ones. anything else it tosh.

as for the seat rails, im unsure. im going to try and swap everything over from an ep82 seeat to the ep85 seat. it it works then it will be stock stylee. cant see it being that hard!?!?

Chris.Stewart

Member +
thanks mate! repped!

would this be alright:

http://www.tm-developments.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=31_32_1&products_id=17

Yeah i've got a passenger recaro ep82 rail and ive got one of the optional extra seats here, but would prefer to put the recaro in the drivers side lol, so looking for an ep82 recaro rail then just get another seat to match.

reckon its far off? like welding needed?

Mark's got gt seats in his 85 so hopefully he'll see this thread!

Ted

Member +
i have gt seats in mine, the outside(nearest the door) bolts dont line up but the inside ones do. improvisation is required and its not easy. if you think the seats will stay for the life of the car then weld it, the brackets sit nicely on, just the holes dont line up.

basically the original seats are narrower

dac69er

Super Moderator
thanks mate! repped!

would this be alright:

http://www.tm-developments.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=31_32_1&products_id=17

Yeah i've got a passenger recaro ep82 rail and ive got one of the optional extra seats here, but would prefer to put the recaro in the drivers side lol, so looking for an ep82 recaro rail then just get another seat to match.

reckon its far off? like welding needed?

Mark's got gt seats in his 85 so hopefully he'll see this thread!

hkb ones are meant to be good. just dont buy one shown as hkb on ebay as its a shitty cheap fake