HDI electronic boost controller? anyone had problems?

shane01

Member +
just lookin at a good deal on ebay, says HDI electronic boost controller + hdi boost guage from hong kong for 90 quid, if the ebc is ok for 1 bar of boost and anyone can give a possitive comment then il order in abit? anyone?!? is this junk or a deal?

dac69er

Super Moderator
have never used one myself. i have seen a few mixed reviews on here. alot are bad tbh.
as with most things in this world, you get what you pay for.

Fizturbo

Member +
just lookin at a good deal on ebay, says HDI electronic boost controller + hdi boost guage from hong kong for 90 quid, if the ebc is ok for 1 bar of boost and anyone can give a possitive comment then il order in abit? anyone?!? is this junk or a deal?

Am usin the blitz controller and i would defenately recommend it,you could set up to 4 boost settings they hold the boost perfect.

Av herd mix reviews about the early Gizmo controllers the early ones were inherant for creep but the very latest one is suppose to be good,same with the hdi controllers which av used as well which isnt bad for the money value and has two preset settings,
(HDI is fine as a boost controller but the guage with it is poop digits tend vanish).

If ur gonna buy the blitz contoller then get the R spec which is the dual its for maximum boost response they both also have boost safety feature which is good,Can't beat the blitz controller.

churcherj

Member +
u get what u pay for, the HDI may be £90 but add delivery from hong kong, and import charges VAT etc u will be paying more than that, u can get a decent EBC like a greddy/gizzmo or blitz for fairly cheap if u wait for a bargain, as said the gizzmo is ok and has good reviews and can be got cheap second hand, the blitz spec r is probably one of the best but obviously it comes at a price.

lleey2k4

Member +
i thought the menu sysytem on those was shit and fiddley to use. the blitz ones are much better bits of kit, you wont go wrong with those.

I enjoy it tbf mate i think its better than my old greddy profec b spec 2 thing lol