AEM FIC anyone else using it on their starlet??

Llawgoch

Member +
as above, is there anyone else using a AEM fuel ignition controller on a starlet?

from what i understand its a alternative to a emanage ultimate,
i have a aem wried into my starlet but have issues, it would be good to hear any 1 else using it and any issues theyv had

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
dont know anyone using an aem ecu in a starlet but, what issues you having?

is it a standalone unit or piggyback?

Llawgoch

Member +
dont know anyone using an aem ecu in a starlet but, what issues you having?

is it a standalone unit or piggyback?

its a piggyback, all wires from injectors and distributor go into it an then come back out of it,it allows you to adjust fuel and ignition as much as you want, but seperately, it will also allows you to skew the o2 sendor to stop the standard ecu form leaning it out.

trouble is, under 2 thousand rpm the car cuts out then in an the back out, oem ecu comes up with code 12 or 13 cant remenber, crank sensor code.

it seems to intermittently lose crank signal, over 2krpm all is fine tho, makes me wonder if the signal is 'dirty' electronically speaking????

any ideas

Chris@CCM

Member +
I've not looked in to these too much but the Toyota trigger siganl is abit dirty using some standalones so it could be with the fic can u not do a data log to see what the triggers are doing ?

Llawgoch

Member +
I've not looked in to these too much but the Toyota trigger siganl is abit dirty using some standalones so it could be with the fic can u not do a data log to see what the triggers are doing ?

ye im gna go an dig out an oscilloscope and have a look with what im dealing with, i have seem AEM suggest to put 2.2k ohm resistors accross the signal inputs and helps with cleaning the signal??

churcherj

Member +
you can use these on starlets, my local tuner told me to get this aem fic as they arnt meant to be pretty decent units and reliable. They said they would fit it and have done so before, so someone somewhere is using one mate :)

Llawgoch

Member +
you can use these on starlets, my local tuner told me to get this aem fic as they arnt meant to be pretty decent units and reliable. They said they would fit it and have done so before, so someone somewhere is using one mate :)

who are they? do you have a telephone number for them? would be of great help! :)