Time Travel...

gv1.3

Admin
Just saw this on CNN

http://www.tnooz.com/2010/10/27/news/time-travel-technology-found-on-old-charlie-chaplin-film/

Today’s coffee break fodder. Another YouTube storm around this clip, uncovering what is apparently an extra in a Charlie Chaplin film from the 1920s carrying a mobile phone.
The footage was found on the DVD extras section of the 1928 film The Circus.
A woman man (or perhaps a man in drag!) speaking into a shoe? Or evidence of time travel?
Either way, it’s pretty freaky…

[video=youtube;Y6a4T2tJaSU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6a4T2tJaSU[/video]

gv1.3

Admin
so my initial thought is... even if this was someone travelling back in time with their mobile phone, who would they be talking to? There were no cell towers so they might struggle for reception.

wesgt

Lifer
that is strange, it definitely looks like a mobile phone type device. if it was just a crazy person why would they hold something to talk into. the way they're holding it also.
although, if it was a communicator, who's to say what advances will be made that won't need cell towers in the future, also who's to say they are even from this planet, and could be communicating with a ship, or someone elsewhere with a similar device.
having said all that, its strange to be walking down the street in plain view, surely a time traveller or alien would have the sense to keep this out of view of people and especially cameras.

but, its probably just a crazy person lol

wesgt

Lifer
best reply I have read in ages... lol
loads of speculation and then a dose of reality at the end.

although i can't get over how they're walking and talking and looking around, its exactly how someone from today would act while walking down the street on the phone!

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
however impossible it seems, there is the tiniest of chances that it is though!

....Nah

Logic is a sound idea me thinks.Only way it would be wrong is if during examination something was over looked or beyond our knowledge at the minute,which wouldnt really mean logic was wrong,just mis-informed or out of the current scope.

Logic -yes
Unesplainably due to different circumstances (not enough examination,dont have the technology yet,or bad logic) - Yes

Miracle.... No

Im just one of those who thinks a certain lady was a..excuse the language..a slut and told a story the length of my arm to get off being caught cheating.

So the likes of above will never make me "believe"

Im a happy person,honest lmao

wesgt

Lifer
but no one can say for certain there aren't other beings out there that weren't here at some stage or another, using communication devices like that lol
i think there is a chance of something like that, however improbable! but we can't say no for sure imo

glanzanut

Lifer
the laws of physics make going back in time impossible, however its very possible to go forward in time.

im going with crazy person :p

the laws of physics make going back in time impossible, however its very possible to go forward in time.

im going with crazy person :p

Bollocks me and Marty are just back from the 60's set the flux capacitor in the Delorean to 1.6 bar works a treat slight bit of det but nothing to worry about.

Paul_JJ

Member +
Personally, I don't believe in time travel. Love back to the future however, the music in the film was great!

Possible explanations could be:
1) Crazy person talking to something -)
2) Unknown for us technology which we don't know about and died out during the war - look closely she doesn't look poor for that time.
3) Possible filming issues, I mean that was extra, you never know!

corofin12345

Member +
this film was obviously digitally remastered from when the box set was released in recent times and that scene was probably put in the extra scenes to create utter mayham..

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
i didnt really beleive in time travle.. but once an english teacher showed me this..

hieroplanes.jpg

thats a part from a stone found in the temple of seti in Abydos in egypt..

hieroplanes1.jpg

can you see a helicopter, tanker , some sort of craft(like an ufo we see in films) and another like a plane..??

how did the egyptians know about these?? and also these where found in eygpt..

egyptplane1.jpg

what do you think? im a person that on stuff like this i dont really beleive until i see with my own eyes... but well this is a bit freaky lol

Last edited:

glanzanut

Lifer
i didnt really beleive in time travle.. but once an english teacher showed me this..

hieroplanes.jpg

thats a part from a stone found in the temple of seti in Abydos in egypt..

hieroplanes1.jpg

can you see a helicopter, tanker , some sort of craft(like an ufo we see in films) and another like a plane..??

how did the egyptians know about these?? and also these where found in eygpt..

egyptplane1.jpg

what do you think? im a person that on stuff like this i dont really beleive until i see with my own eyes... but well this is a bit freaky lol

now thats messsed up! they were a very advanced people though ans were shrouded in unexplaned things

gv1.3

Admin
something to add on the egyptian stuff...

Its hard to comprehend but imagine if the dynamic of the world we currently live in shifted so much that once third world countries became superpowers and once rich countries became dependent on them.

Every time I look past civilizations like the Egyptians and the Romans I cant help but think that if you spoke to the average person on the street back then they would not have been able to believe that their dominant position in the world would completely cease.

I was talking to my uncle from the UK a couple of months ago and we discussed this very same matter. I asked if he was conscious of the fact that the UK had visibly degraded both economically and socially in his lifetime. He said that he was absolutely aware of it and was shocked at how rapidly things have gone downhill. It is difficult to believe that the UK ruled the world not so long ago.

This is similar to the USA, it is most certainly losing its grip as the dominant country in the world. China looks to be the next big boom and they have the labor force to achieve it.

Imagine in 100 years people could be chatting, in Chinese, to one another as they sit in a bar in the UK where Chinese has become the dominant language. They could be discussing how everything used to be in English and how once China was viewed as a communist semi-backward state. Okay so maybe things wont change all that much in 100 years but its truly remarkable how quickly things can change. The Irish economy went from people picking and choosing jobs to people not being able to get a job within the space of a year.