Not boosting right

J25GTi

Lifer
Right well,

My starbo isn't boosting right, I've got not spooling noise aand no chatter. The ewg and screamer seem to work though.

Had a full engine swap and turbo kit. Am I just looking for a boost leak or something else?

Cheers

J25GTi

Lifer
Yeah I spent AGES checking my ic piping. Fucking shitty horrible hdi intercooler. Its crap...

I thought that's all it might be. I wish it wasn't. I've never managed to get the bloody thing to stop leaking :(

J25GTi

Lifer
See, that's what I was wondering. How hard is it to damage a ic?

Cos last xmas in the snow I span it and hit a hedge (only slow but still) and that would be when the problems started...

jayc-glanza17

Fresh Recruit
dude, what turbo presume td04 from earlier thread i commented on???
can u hear screamer open??
and whats ur boost gauge reading??

J25GTi

Lifer
Boost gauge at 4k foot flat down was reading just over 0.4. Pretty syre I have a 0.7 spring. And yeah screamer is opening.

Td04 yeah.

jayc-glanza17

Fresh Recruit
where get spring from mate ebay??
cus some of their springs in fact most i encounter dont go to .7 more .5bar.
also when i had problems like u r getting it was the turbo itself, the penny on internal wastegate had poor weld, so leaked boost.

J25GTi

Lifer
Its a sard ewg with a sard spring from rhdjapan.

And the weld on the penny is one solid bead all the way round. Wouldn't expect that to leak I watched my mate do it. And it was pretty beast welding...

jayc-glanza17

Fresh Recruit
will intercooler leak or a leak it is mate.
a quick tip id get washing up liquid and out it it where u reckon the leak is.
but do this after a lil run and lightly rev the car, lok for bubbles, find those and u find ya leak matey.

jjayokocha

Ulster Area Rep
Well the IC o the Skyline was badly damaged at the bottom when i got the car in June so i had a local company that builds rads & ic to do a pressure test on it for me and they patched up where it needed.

Ye it will leak,i found the car boosting to maybe 0.5bar n just holding around there, once i had it fixed the car went straight to 1bar.

J25GTi

Lifer
I'll have to have a look tomorrow after the mot. I am fed up with this bloody car now. Just want to drive it!

J25GTi

Lifer
Has to be the worst mod I ever bought for the car. What a complete pile of scrap! Wish I never wasted 300quid on it now!

jjayokocha

Ulster Area Rep
I bought a 2nd hand fmic 2 years ago for like €150. Now turned out to be a HKS so well chuffed with it. Chatter is fantastic from it.

H_D

Member +
Nothing wrong with hdi intercoolers mate normally it comes down to user error or overlooking the smallest things...if all your piping is tight and there is no obvious leaks i would check the inlet manifold as i found a boost leak there on my mates car make sure all the studs that come off the inlet are tight

glanzanut

Lifer
Nothing wrong with hdi intercoolers mate normally it comes down to user error or overlooking the smallest things...if all your piping is tight and there is no obvious leaks i would check the inlet manifold as i found a boost leak there on my mates car make sure all the studs that come off the inlet are tight

im with u on that, top bit of kit imo. the joining hoses have never blew off with me and the clamps are high quality