Lifer
Got my car back, passed its mot! w00t!

Then it threw a bit end (or little end) not sure yet :'(

I have had enough of this fucking car!

tqyW9

Last edited:

J25GTi

Lifer
Engine had done 800 miles. Or so I'm told.

It saw 0.4 at 4k revs. No det no nothing. Just went. I didn't give it beans. So no reason for it.

It went no higher than that and that was for a split second.

J25GTi

Lifer
I know. Its more of a tapping than knock. I hope its not a piston etc.

I am devastated. After all these hours and money spent on it. It has all the blood sweat and tears I have on it now :(

churcherj

Member +
I know. Its more of a tapping than knock. I hope its not a piston etc.

I am devastated. After all these hours and money spent on it. It has all the blood sweat and tears I have on it now :(

as said mate take off the sump and see what your dealing with, hopefully it wont be too much of a big job for you! if its just bearings it wont be soo bad

J25GTi

Lifer
I just want to give up. I've had enough of the fucking thing. I needed this done now. I need to get out of this shit. This village, the life style. Etc. And without a car, I can't.

I don't know what to do now

After spending 0000's on this thing, and it lasted less than 2 minutes. Whaat a fucking waste of time and money

Ben89

Lifer
Hope you don't think I'm being a dick but are you 100% sure it ain't piston slap if it's a forged lump quite a few of them have a real growl to them?
Really feel for you mate keep positive mate and giving up now would be a real shame!! Chin up mate

churcherj

Member +
dont make any rash decisions mate, everything can be fixed and hopefully it wont be such a big job! post up some pics when you have taken the sump off so we can diagnose the problems etc, where did u buy the engine from? was it fully rebuilt and if so by who?

J25GTi

Lifer
Not naming names. Until I strip it down we don't know the cause. So it would be wrong to blame anyone.

it could be something I did. but I won't know until tomorrow. I had it checked by a garage before driving it. And it was fine.

To say I'm devastated is an understatement. I don't know what to do about it. I've spent so much time and effort on it

bucketep91

Member +
i was the same buddy i had just replaced my fucked hybrid for a new gt soec then my HG went when AVA set up my fcd and fpr, got the HG done and mot'd the car to sell it after tidying it up then bang bottom end away! i felt like burning the fucker

J25GTi

Lifer
i was the same buddy i had just replaced my fucked hybrid for a new gt soec then my HG went when AVA set up my fcd and fpr, got the HG done and mot'd the car to sell it after tidying it up then bang bottom end away! i felt like burning the fucker

The thing is. After more than a few beers. Looking at 7 pints and 5 jagers now. I might just burn the fucker...

churcherj

Member +
The thing is. After more than a few beers. Looking at 7 pints and 5 jagers now. I might just burn the fucker...

dont wana be too personal mate but how much have you spent on the engine? u can pick up standard engines pretty cheapish these days...ino thats not the point but im sure its fixeable

churcherj

Member +
I bought it for 650 quid. And all the rest of the gubbins.

The idea was it was a ready built 5efhte

ah right mate, sorry didnt realise it was a 5E! hmmm ino how frustrated u must be, like i said see what the damage is then go from there really, all you can do!