hi/lo boost solenoid

4efteboost

Member +
just wondering is there a way i can get rid of the hi/lo boost solenoid as im running a hks actuator and dont need it anymore..

can i just block the pipes up or do i have to do it another way?
help will be repd as i need to know urgently as new turbo goin on tomorrow..

thanks in advance

Stulet-GTT

Member +
Yep rip it all out, you will find that one pipe goes to the actuator just take it off an let the pipe vent into the air...

And the pipe that goes to the inlet mani is for a dump valve or a boost gauge....

Stulet-GTT

Member +
IMG_3105.jpg

The short red line jus vent to air, The blue pipe near the long red line you can see goes from dump valve to inlet mani...

Hope this helps abit more....

Stulet-GTT

Member +
if i rip the whole solenoid out tho there wouldnt be a pipe to vent would there???

If your running a standered actuator it has 2 pipes, 1 goes to turbo an 1 goes to solenoid, the one that goes to solenoid you want to vent...

You can see on the left were i stuck the pipe between my washer bottle...
DSCF0620.jpg

Once you get started you will soon work it all out, thats how i worked mine out..:haha:

4efteboost

Member +
sorry if i seem dumb but i never worked on cars before i got my gt lol so let me try and get this.. the one that went to standard actuator u vent to air? what about the one that went on efi pipe?

danb87

South East England Area Rep
i removed all mine, after fitting the actautor, dont recall venting anything tho lol. just all come out as one.

Stulet-GTT

Member +
i removed all mine, after fitting the actautor, dont recall venting anything tho lol. just all come out as one.

An after market HKS actuator has one pipe, but the original has 2. 1 to turbo 1 to hi/low its the one to hi/low you vent..

@ 4efteboost - i was the same but once i started on the GT i found things pretty easy to do, you jus gotta have a go...

4efteboost

Member +
ye i understand about the vaccum hose that went from solenoid to the actuator and you vent that one but the one i need to know is the one that went to efi pipe to solenoid