Problem with PowerFlex EP82 Rear Gearbox Mounting :(

nyahbingi

Member +
Can anyone tell me the ID of the mounting for the rear gearbox mounting on an EP82?

I have measured approx 74mm,

however my PowerFlex insert (Part #: PFF76-421, seen in pic as well) doesnt fit (it measures approx 64mm)

Resulting in

All help will be greatly appreciated.

dac69er

Super Moderator
was your car an auto? if its need converted the mount fit the manual box but is a larger bush.

also, how come your bush is blue??? mine are all yellow?

bumblebee

Member +
i believe they may have sent the incorrect mount..

not sure if it matters but mine are yellow :noidea:

..i'll get the part number when i get home later on

dac69er

Super Moderator
i believe they may have sent the incorrect mount..

not sure if it matters but mine are yellow :noidea:

..i'll get the part number when i get home later on

the part number qouted is ok. but the colour is strange??? also just had a quick look and that 74mm is correct. looks like you have the wrong bush

nyahbingi

Member +
Bushings come in pre-determined durometers (measured hardness) from Powerflex to work best in each particular location. If you feel you need a softer or harder compound to suite your particular needs and the option is not available, contact us. We can custom order in durometers ranging from 70A(Yellow), 80A(Purple), and 95A(Black). 70A is slightly harder than rubber and works great for drivers looking for a slight increase in chassis response. 70A is not suggested in certain location due to its lack of rigidity. 80A is noticeably harder than rubber and makes a great performance street material that retails low levels of NVH. 95A is the hardest, and can be used in certain locations with minimal NVH. For most locations, 95A is used for aggressive/track use only.

Taken from
https://store.nexternal.com/powerfl...turbo-ep82--ep91-urethane-bushings-p1135.aspx

Last edited:

dac69er

Super Moderator
starlet bushes dont keep the original shells.

i also fitted new bushes to a dogbone mount off a clio and that required the old bush shells to be removed.

even if he kept the original shell the bush would still be too small.

bumblebee

Member +
here are pics of mine

DSC03468.jpg

DSC03467.jpg

DSC03469.jpg

:)

Nippon

Member +
Does the gearbox have the OEM LSD?
If so then they wont fit that mount.

If not then i have a brand new powerflex gearbox mount bush in my garage you can have.
Doesnt fit mine due to LSD but they came as a full set so it just sitting there in the box now.

nyahbingi

Member +
Does the gearbox have the OEM LSD?
If so then they wont fit that mount.

If not then i have a brand new powerflex gearbox mount bush in my garage you can have.
Doesnt fit mine due to LSD but they came as a full set so it just sitting there in the box now.

No the gearbox doesnt have an OEM LSD!

nyahbingi

Member +
Hi Allan

We offer an option on the rear gearbox mount PFF76-423 primarily for the LSD models it measures 74.3mm diameter the sleeve length is 65.5mm with a bore of 10mm, looking at the measuring tape in your picture this should fit the bore of your mount.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Best regards

Paul Solbe
Design & Development Manager

Powerflex
7 Union Buildings
Wallingford Road
Uxbridge
UB8 2FR
United Kingdom
01895 460033
email: paul@powerflex.co.uk

Nippon

Member +
I think i have my old OEM LSD mount in my garage.
I'll measure the diameter and post a pic on here for u fella.

starlet bushes dont keep the original shells.

i also fitted new bushes to a dogbone mount off a clio and that required the old bush shells to be removed.

even if he kept the original shell the bush would still be too small.

i fitted polly std offset front arm rear bush's to my gt and they used the original sleeves !

just an idea iv seen this alot on other cars