td04 side exit for sale

Ted

Member +
for sale td04 side exit exhaust

condition used

price £25 quid plus delivery

info. side exit with flexi and lambda sensor and heat wrap. will definitely require modifications to car obviously to fit as this was on a corolla. wierd thing about this was how quiet it was.

pics
033.jpg

contact. private message

location. belfast

delivery. tenner in uk

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Could someone please point out to me where it says the exhaust must exit the driver side?

superspat

Member +
has the box got any baffles in and is it a 1 wire lambda?? and could you meassure the length from were it mounts to turbo to the end of the box. cheers

_iforget_glanza

Untrusted Seller
acctully as far as im aware u have to have it on drivers side in front of the wheel as if its on p/s it vents exhaust gasses towards public foot ways in cities...sum cock n bull like that:L

weeJohn

Lifer
acctully as far as im aware u have to have it on drivers side in front of the wheel as if its on p/s it vents exhaust gasses towards public foot ways in cities...sum cock n bull like that:L

But some V8 kit cars have pipes running down both sides which exit just in front of the rear wheels. If they go through SVA then it must be ok.

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
But some V8 kit cars have pipes running down both sides which exit just in front of the rear wheels. If they go through SVA then it must be ok.

My brother had a kitcar with one that exits on the passenger side, never had an issue with MOT.

Rob H

Member +
it is true tho they are not supposed to come out on the passenger side of the car I dont know properly what the exemptions are but I know if you look at something like the dodge viper the UK ones had the side exits removed for this reason but how well it is enforced I dont have a clue cos a lot of trucks also have them coming out from the passenger side too I would say its a bit of a black spot lol

weeJohn

Lifer
It was a lad in my work with a kit car that pointed it out to me. The SVA test over here is a complete nightmare and they only check the noise level and that its secure.

It would be worth the craic anyway, last time I took the Starlet up with the side exit on the drivers side the MOT man went round the back and was actually lying on the ground looking for the pipe lol. I had to get out and tell him its at the front mate.