Cusco vs Ultra-Racing Strut Braces

yiph

Member +
I'm wondering if there are any difference in the feel of the car with different types of strut braces.

The Cusco ones are very light, but they are connected with a bolt where the strut top and bar can move around.

The Ultra-Racing ones are one solid piece of heavy metal that does not move at all. Would this provide better stability?

Any difference between the two, apart that Cusco ones look awesome? :p

dac69er

Super Moderator
when all tightened up they both do the same thing to the same degree. just go with whatever one you prefer the look/price of.

GP82

Member +
strut_compare.jpg

The adjustable strut will always have a tendancy to have some play under stress during hard cornering which will result in effecting the rigidity and to some extent the stability of the car.

tersplat

Member +
I've got the carbon fiber Cusco one, and it doesn't corrode, or rust, and it's pretty light. I dunno about the bolts affecting the rigidity though. My car handles like it's on rails, so I don't think I can tell any difference.
100_2571.jpg

Arnold

Lifer
The ultra racing rear brace for the Glanza doesn't fit the Glanza! so badly designed. My one is sitting in my garage, should have sent it back really. The front one is cool though, and the 4 point lower brace is good too