How to remove sterio from a Glanza?

spence

Member +
Hi al,

Had an accident last night n my car is totaled by the other driver involved and was wondering how do i remove the sterio?

Cheers
Spence

mitchracer

Member +
From memory you need take the cd/heater control surround off 1st, there are 2 hidden screws above the cd player but below the heater controls, once you have these out the surround should come out from the top 1st. Now you need to unplug the 3 plugs, rear screen demister, turbo hi/lo and warning? I think once this is off you should see some more screws holding your cd player bracket in, now it's pretty self explanatory. Hope this wasn't too confusing to understand lol, made sense in my head

spence

Member +
Yeah i understand it Mitch, cheers matey. Ill put up some pics of mi car later :'(

Last edited:

Paul_JJ

Member +
If the car is an AUTO you would need to put the Gearbox in to N position first -) Otherwise you won't be able to remove the stereo. Good protection for the thieves, as you need the keys in the Ignition to change the gear -)

dark_knight

Member +
autobox gear selector

Paul_JJ, you can still change the gear selector position in an auto even without the key by depressing the shift-lock button located near/around the selector (in most cars that is). go try it and see for yourself.. :D

spence, sorry to hear about your car. hope you were not hurt..? share pix when you can.. :(

spence

Member +
spence, sorry to hear about your car. hope you were not hurt..? share pix when you can.. :([/QUOTE]

Yeah i was/am still, seriously bad whiplash n bad chest pains from where i went into the airbag :(

Heres the pictures :'(
IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

It doesnt look that bad but trust me it was, the slam panel was touching the block on the engine

dark_knight

Member +
the most important thing is that you came out alive and ok. sucks for the car though.. :/
how long had you had it..?

Paul_JJ

Member +
Paul_JJ, you can still change the gear selector position in an auto even without the key by depressing the shift-lock button located near/around the selector (in most cars that is). go try it and see for yourself.. :D
:(

That button is to move it without pressing the brake pedal, you still must have a key in the ignition to unlock the cable which goes from the ignition to the gearbox. But I will give it a go -)

dark_knight

Member +
actually Paul_JJ, you could be right. don't recall exactly whether the key has been in or out the past few times i've tried this is a couple of autoboxed cars.. :)

spence

Member +
What speed were you doing mate?

Only about 35 on a 40mph road as i just pulled onto that road where the old lady pulled out in front of me

the most important thing is that you came out alive and ok. sucks for the car though.. :/
how long had you had it..?

Yeah i know, came out with bad whiplash, chest pains and knee pains.............. Oh and flashbacks from my accident before where i nearly died :'(
And iv had it since June this year, so only had it 6 month n it was my pride n joy

Last edited:

Paul_JJ

Member +
Are you ok then? no scratches or anything? Didn't realise that you can get such damage at such low speeds. I don't see the air bag on the driver's side? did it open? also did you have a passenger in the seat? looks like the AirBag is open.

Starlet__SR

Member +
I had a discovery go into the front of my SR at 15 mph, I was at a standstill, enough to cave in most of the front end. Very flimsy cars tbf

D

dark_knight

Member +
impact absorption

Starlet__SR, they may be flimsy cars alright, but in an accident situation, you want the cars exterior to take up as much impact as possible by crumbling, so long as the passenger cabin is not compromised -- hence the reason roll cages are a good idea, even if your car is not a rally-spec one.
i would want my car to crumple up as much as possible to take up the major impact in a road traffic incident/accident.. ;)

Starlet__SR

Member +
Starlet__SR, they may be flimsy cars alright, but in an accident situation, you want the cars exterior to take up as much impact as possible by crumbling, so long as the passenger cabin is not compromised -- hence the reason roll cages are a good idea, even if your car is not a rally-spec one.
i would want my car to crumple up as much as possible to take up the major impact in a road traffic incident/accident.. ;)

Oh dont get me wrong, in a higher speed accident i'd be happy for it to take the brunt, but even at such a slow speed it crumpled like paper. Not the most comforting sight seeing your front end fold up that slow lol

D

dark_knight

Member +
well, i'm guessing it's a low budget catch-22 situation when it comes to the assembly line considerations that need to be made.. :)

spence

Member +
Are you ok then? no scratches or anything? Didn't realise that you can get such damage at such low speeds. I don't see the air bag on the driver's side? did it open? also did you have a passenger in the seat? looks like the AirBag is open.

Yeah im ok now, just got a very tiny, and i mean tiny scratch on my hand, dont know how tho lol and i got whiplash in my back and neck, banged my knee on the dashboard n had a massive bruise and very bad chest pains from where the airbag went off and i got flashbacks from the previous accident i had 4 years ago :'(
Yeah both passenger and driver airbags went off n nope only me was in the car.

Sorry to hear about that mate, you not hurt?

Yeah, still got abit of pain in my neck and chest.

Oh yeah, got a phonecall yestaday from the repairers/Assesors of howmuch it will cost.

£6000

dark_knight

Member +
that repair cost is DEFO NOT WORTH IT.. unless the car has some 'special meaning' to you -- write it off or break it for any good parts left and get another.. :)