Lifer
This is a cusco to give you the idea:

P1030139.jpg

Could only find an instruction in Japanese:

left%2Bhand%2Bpictures%2Bwith%2Bcusco%2BBrake%2BCylinder%2BStopper.jpg

Last edited:

Evjatar

Member +
I've bought one, you have to buy your own bolts from a diy shop or somethin, bolts supplied don't fit, 1 is to big and will hit the cambelt cover or engine. I've never gotten around to fit my one, it's a lot of wiggling in a small space. Not a lot of room there, if you've still got power steering and a rrfpr than it can get hard. Will probably fit though, after an hour in the cold it still wasn't on so i gave up hope for that day.

HK GT Turbo

Member +
I've bought one, you have to buy your own bolts from a diy shop or somethin, bolts supplied don't fit, 1 is to big and will hit the cambelt cover or engine. I've never gotten around to fit my one, it's a lot of wiggling in a small space. Not a lot of room there, if you've still got power steering and a rrfpr than it can get hard. Will probably fit though, after an hour in the cold it still wasn't on so i gave up hope for that day.

I thought that was the case -.- gona have to complain to them lot, knock off items tho lol well I've got a plan to make it fit, was gona cut the main bolt and then drill a bigger hole so that the main bolt will fit through it. Will do this tmr and take pictures for u guys.

HK GT Turbo

Member +
I've just taken some pics of the part...

56117515-5760-612d.jpg

I've worked out on the tutorials that it's gona fit like this

56117515-5786-87d2.jpg

Now the bolt I'm holdin doesn't go through that hole -.- also its way too long -.-

56117515-57c0-0a7d.jpg

Lastly .... Where is this supposed to go lol

56117515-57db-9e5b.jpg

Lookin forward to making it fit some how >.<

ChrisStarletGT

Member +
ian on your cusco one is the hole the bolt goes through threaded other wise wouldnt it jus push through when u press the brakes?

Evjatar

Member +
The long bolt is supposed to go against the brake master cylinder. The smaller bolt fits in 1 end of the double-threaded nut that you can place on the bolt that holds the engine mount in. The double-threaded nut has to go with the big hole on the bolt on the engine mount, the bolt is used to fasten the bmcs to the engine mount using 1 nut and the short bolt to attach it to the double-threaded nut.

at least, that's how i picture it. Could be different though, haven't had much time to figure it out

I plan on fitting it tomorrow, after i've gone to the diy shop for some bolts and nuts. I haven't worked out where the long thin blue piece has to be attached to the car, but i think it has to go underneath one of the bolts that hold the power steering tube in place.

It's a good buy if you don't have a problem going to the diy shop for some cheap bolts, or if you have some spare bolts lying around. Cheap too

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Would have to be threaded mate to applied the nessecery preasure, the nut would be to prevent it from slacking off or moving.

HK GT Turbo

Member +
The long bolt is supposed to go against the brake master cylinder. The smaller bolt fits in 1 end of the double-threaded nut that you can place on the bolt that holds the engine mount in. The double-threaded nut has to go with the big hole on the bolt on the engine mount, the bolt is used to fasten the bmcs to the engine mount using 1 nut and the short bolt to attach it to the double-threaded nut.

at least, that's how i picture it. Could be different though, haven't had much time to figure it out

I plan on fitting it tomorrow, after i've gone to the diy shop for some bolts and nuts. I haven't worked out where the long thin blue piece has to be attached to the car, but i think it has to go underneath one of the bolts that hold the power steering tube in place.

It's a good buy if you don't have a problem going to the diy shop for some cheap bolts, or if you have some spare bolts lying around. Cheap too

Well let's see how it goes tmr!! Gona have to see if we can do it! Lol it's a right squeeze but I'm quite confident it's possible ^^ look forward to seeing if it makes a difference on her. I brought one before (and from tegiwa) for my ek9 and was like night and day. Awesome mod.

HK GT Turbo

Member +
My progress so far and I think ive hit a problem -.-

Drilled bigger hole for main big bolt which fits onto master cylinder

d5cde10d-5b03-762e.jpg

Fitted that part which fits into engine mount doesn't screw all the way in tho but it is tight. it's right at the back picture not clear.

d5cde10d-5b53-89d0.jpg

Fitted that but I drilled out and fitted on to engine mount, feels tough.

d5cde10d-5be4-8df9.jpg

Now tryin to fit the other arm to the other part I just fitted shows that it's not gona sit right -.- kinda a few inches out and won't sit onto part fitted flush. Also it's quite close to the master cylinder too...

d5cde10d-5c60-9cc4.jpg

d5cde10d-5c91-59e4.jpg

Goin to get some lunch and have a rethink -.- tegiwa has emailed me to ask the issues. Don't know where to start lol another attempt after lunch.

Evjatar

Member +
I've tried to fit it today, in the rain, so that was shit. I've had the same progress as the person above, fitted 1 part of the brake stopper, and the 2nd part is a little harder to fit. My hands are probably to big, because i can't get in between a lot of stuff. I'll have another go tomorrow if it doesn't rain, think i'll have to unscrew a lot of different parts, like the power steering bottle, and my rrfpr including hoses. Maybe then i'll be able to come in between with my big mitts.

I'm hoping it has a big difference when driving, because it's a bitch to fit

Just to add to my story, when i first got the brake stopper from tegiwa, i emailed them about the issues with the bolts, and they refunded me 15 euros for the trouble, so you can always try that.

starletsy

Member +
Are you trying to fit these to an EP82 or EP91?

As usual with these companys that just copy other poeples hard work and products they never look into things fully and the fact that when you look at the Cusco ones the EP91 and EP82 ones are totally different so i don't see how there one which looks like a poor copy of the EP91 one can fit both. This might be your problem.

Buy cheap buy twice.........