cam cover to inlet breather....

Status
Not open for further replies.

baconfrys

Member +
if i blank off inlet pipe and put cam cover pipe to oil catch tank will this cause problems? i know there some sort of valve but just wanting to know before i break anything,

also can someone tell me what are most common causes of turbo seals failing(more so on new turbos) thanks guys

Last edited by a moderator:

jimglanza

Member +
Do you mean the pcv valve which goes to the inlet? I think its best to take the inside of the valve out so its hollow then connect it to a catch can/tank.
I have a modified cover and both welded unions are hollow and conect to a catch can.
Im sure if im wrong some one will point it out!

baconfrys

Member +
yes the pcv, doesnt make sense why put oil fumes etc into the intake manifold?? how much pressure should there be in rocker?

jimglanza

Member +
Take the oil cap off when the engine is running and see for yourself lol should be able to hold your hand over it, the only way these engine vent pressure is through the two holes in the cam cover. do a quick search on the pcv valve and you will see why they put them on there, they have used them for years.

Your second question, turbo oil seals can go for a few reasons. Poor oil, not warming up the engine oil before heavy boosting, not cooling down the oil before you turn the engine off (turbo timer) I would say if its a new turbo then not priming the turbo when fitting it can damage the seals. im sure theres a few more reasons.

Last edited:

baconfrys

Member +
there is pressure at idle but not blowing oil cap off, just paranoid as i fuked a turbo within a month and just scared its oil pressure with oil catch tank but maybe just me

baconfrys

Member +
ok any idea what oil pressure should be? my local supplyer has them on shelf i will get one tomorrow, are they for individual cars or do i need an exact one for starlet?

Status
Not open for further replies.