Nürburgring Broke

Evil Genius

Member +
Just saw this article on autoblog, and they are saying the NBR is officially broke.

The Nürburgring is officially broke. According to various German sources, the only chance the owners of the 'Ring have to fend off bankruptcy is if the track gets 13 million euros of new life injected into it. Problem is, state officials have said it's not going to happen.

In other words, the Nürburgring will go into administration and its future will at least in part be decided in court. Also up for debate will be the legality of 524 million euros worth of funding that the state has already pumped into the track, an amusement park with hotels and a shopping mall that make up the local attraction.

Reports indicate that the rest of 2012 will proceed as planned at the 'Ring. After that, it's anybody's guess what will happen to the famous German racetrack.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/07/17/nurburgring-goes-bust-eu-not-planning-to-help/

Dan3SGTE

Member +
Great shame if this shuts down. I'm glad I had the pleasure to visit the place for 4 days and cover 10 laps. Best time I've ever had.

pig666eon

Member +
it will never close it will get funding from the car companys so they can be doing their testing

actually having said that the companys might just outright buy it and keep it for closed testing

sad day if that happens i was planning a trip over

malcolmgt

Member +
i would hope it would not close, but if they did it may just close to the public as the pig666eon said they may be bought by the car companys.

they just may ban normal users :(.

on a positive note they may have to take the pay tolls as technnically its a public road! so free laps :p... doubt this will ever happen though.

dark_knight

Member +
this has been the same 'threat story' since 2007.. check your facts.. so fear not. the ring may not be closing too soon after all.. :)

Got.Boost

Fresh Recruit
Nurburgring has gone bankrupt

I have just been told that nurburgring has gone bankrupt don't k ow how ture it is does anyone know if it ture ?????:homer:

Si-W

Member +
is untrue, ring is rented to a private company to operate, that company is pulling out and the ring will likely be run as it previously was by the council or some chit like that, read that on another forum where a 30 page debate struck up and links got sent everywhere.

but thats the basic jist of the end result.