bee r rev limiter!!!

turbo-fever

Member +
has anyone had any experience with a bee r rev limiter as i was thinking of gettin one so that i do not go over 6000 rpm and also so that it might pop a little lol, any opinions on them?

turbo-fever

Member +
because i dont like going to high in the rev range (bye bye valves and lifters otherwise) or i will set it at 6200 but mines feels like it dyes off at bout 6000

Aidan-G

Member +
i was thinkin about buying one of these also!just for the fun:)if anyone is using one let me know what you think..cheers

kingyglanza

Member +
My brother had one on hes Nissan skyline R32 and i had one on my Glanza. Mainly used them as a launch control but every now and again used them to scare the shit out of local thugs. (always put a smile on my face) Anyway they was all good for a few months until i put a rod through my block and sump in 3 places and my brother snapped 4 cam retainers on the exhaust side cam. We both put blame the bee*R so we sold them but it was never proved that it was them. Heard lots of bad about them and not much good really. Hope this helps.

turbo-fever

Member +
cheers kingyglanza but how can they do that sort of damage wen all they do is limit the revs, i am not questioning it jus would like to know how it caused the damage?

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
In basic they cut ignition instead of spark hence you get unburnt fuel in the system, pops and flames. Some will argue that cutting igntion is safer, cutting fuel obviously momentairly leans the engine out (hitting the rev limiter as per normal) but unburnt fuel sent straight into a hot turbo which then ignites obviusly puts stress on the turbo internals.

Not great for turbos but they shouldn't blow engines. If your running a larger turbo, aftermarket then shouldn't be a an issue but I would't risk it on a 10+ year old CT9..

T

Dan3SGTE

Member +
he'll also need an ECU whcih allows him to have anti-lag...... you cant just put it on any car just like that...

also anti lag and limiting rev are two completely different things... you sure you didnt mean launch control the fucka?