Common tech Q&A's - Content and Ideas needed...

Monkfish

Member +
Common Technicals Q&A's - An idiots guide, if you will - Comments welcome!

Right then you hoard of slags. I've started a new topic in the Engine, Fueling and Turbo section called, not surprisingly, Engine, Fueling and Turbo's - Answers to the most common questions... which will be populated gradually by the most common questions and the answers. I plan to do this for the 5 main tech sections and interlink them all to provide a network of knowledge to help new and old members alike. Good eh?

I've also now created another similar topic in the Chassis/Suspension section called, check this out for originality, "Suspension, Tyres and Brakes - Answers to the most common questions...". I'll update this as and when I can with new snippets of info and posts.

If you have any suggestions or can provide some content for either section, please do so here.

GO! :homer:

Last edited:

ChrisGT

Member +
Question: What do I need to run 1 Bar ?

Answer: Supporting mods required are FMIC, aftermarket manifold, downpipe, exhaust etc. etc.

EDIT: Pretty much covered that lol.

Loads of potential questions; where can I get exhaust gaskets? Will a de-cat make me fail MOT? What setting should my FCD be at? What fuel pressure do I need for 1Bar? How do I fit an aftermarket manifold (link to my tute)? How can I stop creep (link to my tute)? :p I'll think of more fo' sho'!

Last edited:
Would have thought something about the td04 turbo's would be a good idea to add as it seems a common thing.

Also maybe a reference to the ecu kind thread in regards to the fueling?

Ted

Member +
ive just bought a glanza and upped the boost and the car seems to stutter on full boost, i wonder what it could be? also what baseball cap suits this car best?

Monkfish

Member +
Loads of potential questions; where can I get exhaust gaskets? Will a de-cat make me fail MOT? What setting should my FCD be at? What fuel pressure do I need for 1Bar? How do I fit an aftermarket manifold (link to my tute)? How can I stop creep (link to my tute)? :p I'll think of more fo' sho'!
Hmm, good suggestions there, especially with the decat one, that catches a lot out.

Would have thought something about the td04 turbo's would be a good idea to add as it seems a common thing.

Also maybe a reference to the ecu kind thread in regards to the fueling?
What would be said about running a TD04 though? And what about the fueling/ecu?

ive just bought a glanza and upped the boost and the car seems to stutter on full boost, i wonder what it could be? also what baseball cap suits this car best?
I'm not entirely sure if you're taking the piss with that one or not. Meh.

Anyway, I've just updated the topic with a little bit about Compressor Stall. Happy reading. :)

billybob

Untrusted Seller
when Performing a Diagnostics Test with the codes coming up were to chek in the car to pin point the problems

Monkfish

Member +
whats the best size headgaskets to run with different turbos?more lag less lag
That's not an overly popular question as far as I know. I'll put something up if someone can provide me with the content. :)

when Performing a Diagnostics Test with the codes coming up were to chek in the car to pin point the problems
That would be an idea. A list of codes would be a start. Jay?

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
question: why is the car cutting out when giving it somé and then everything is backto normal?

answer: fuel cut baby

question: why engine management light comes on especialy on cold nights then i slow and goes away?

answer: getting near to fuelcut!

question: regarding these two ^^ what is fuel cut?

answer: when boosting more then a set boost level from factory the stock ECU will stop fuel delivery so you don't do any damage to the engine with boost, however constantly hitting fuelcut will more then likely damage your engine...

question: i want to go over fuelcut and boost maore! how?

answer: you can use an fcd to raise fuelcut limit, BUT you have to keep in mind that the stock ECU is not mapped for more boost, so you need to fuel more for the extra boost.

these are the most common ones i can think of... normaly 3-5 topics a week pop up with these questions lol!

Monkfish

Member +
It's been about eleventy years since I last posted something up in this thread, but I've just written a little ditty about fuel cut. If I've made a booboo, please feel free to correct me. :homer:

Monkfish

Member +
New section for Suspension, Tyres and Brakes. Link in the first post. Don't all crowd in at once. Children and small people at the front.

Riko, you're in the store cupboard with me. :eek: