turbo a/r question

chinesemafia

Member +
ok guys im having a little trouble understanding how this works
a friend offered me a T3T4 turbo for my 5e the specs are .63ar turbine and a .50 ar compressor now as you guys a t3t4 is a good size turbo the problem is i also have a t25 off a sr20 on the turbime housing ir says .64 ar and the compressor says .80 ar

now i no for sure my t25 is not bigget that a t3t4 so could some one explain these number please

thanks

chinesemafia

Member +
Every one is so obsessed with beating on the caribbean boy for making 300HP animals no one has the time to reply to my post :mad::mad:thanks guys

Somhairle

Lifer
Every one is so obsessed with beating on the caribbean boy for making 300HP animals no one has the time to reply to my post :mad::mad:thanks guys

Dude relax.

Its like 12:30am and most people are asleep or watching some late night por......... tv.....;)

patience is a virtue!

both of those turbos are on the big side of thiings....they will be laggyish...depending on how u view lag..0.63 and 0.64 ar on the turbine side are seen as relatively slow spooling on our 4e/5e engines, but u get better top end

tuning will help a little with spool up, but dont expect miracles

both turbos seem big for the average 4e/5e for daily use around town...are u into drag racing and/or do u like long stretches of road?.....

chinesemafia

Member +
i took a look at my friends t25 this morning off his SR20 it has .63 ar hot side with a .60 ar cold side his cold side is way bigger than mine so now im really confused :confused::confused:

GaryGT

Member +
if ur going T3/T4 ideally u want a .48 A/R Turbine
.63 A/R is way laggy u wud have to go for a smaller Trim on the Compressor maybe a 46 Trim
But if u went for a .48 A/R on the Turbine side u could get away with a 50 trim on the compressor side!!
its a case of the getting the rite balance of Lag and power delivery but defo stay away from the .63 A/R on the T3/T4 if u can ;)

chinesemafia

Member +
guys what im trying to understand here is why is my t25 compressor physically smally than the t3t4 yet my t25 comp says ar.80 and the t3t4 says .50:confused::confused::confused:

guys what im trying to understand here is why is my t25 compressor physically smally than the t3t4 yet my t25 comp says ar.80 and the t3t4 says .50:confused::confused::confused:

the ar is looking at a ratio of two sectional areas---if you look at the diagrams in the links i sent....it will not solely rely on the wheel sizes and trims which you are comparing